Son at it again

Helpless29

My son took off from his dads house on Thursday showed up at his grandparents house on Friday acourse they did not call police , even after we told them to.His father went over there as soon as he found out but my son took off again, he forget to grab his book bag inside his dad found a hammer, black gloves & a empty pill bottle that belonged to someone we never heard of, we did report this to police but they said they could not to anything, so he’s still out on the streets somewhere. I cant imagine what he doing. I pray he’s ok & dosent get hurt , I also pray he dosent hurt any innocent person,he has a very evil side. What more could we do& we let police know but they don’t seem to take it seriously

Triedntrue

I am sorry that your son is still giving you trouble. There is nothing you can do but call the police if they disregard the info it is on them. Just make sure you take care of yourself and your little ones if he tries to come around. I hope you are able to find some peace.

BusynMember

I am sorry your son is making such bad choices. Take care of YOU and install an alarm system, hopefully one with a loud alarm.

New Leaf

I am sorry Helpless that your son is at it again. It is so hard when teenagers go off the rails. I think you did what is right by calling the police and letting them know the situation. I am sorry the response was not better.
I am glad that you are able to give this all to God through prayer. That has helped me through some very dark times with my two. In this way, you are not helpless.
We are not helpless.
It’s just that we do not have control over another’s choices, but we do have control over our reactions and how we allow it to effect our lives.
I wish you peace as you walk this journey.
You are doing the only thing you can to protect your littles and your home.
Your son is young and will hopefully turn round one day.
In the meantime, do things that help build your strength up to weather this storm.
Try not to write the end of the story. All of the good things you taught your son are still there.
You have shown him you will not allow his choices and consequences to infect your household. That is a hard thing to do, but it is the right thing. Violence and overpowering family with anger and rage is unacceptable.
I am sorry for your troubled mommas heart. He is young and has a chance to turn a corner. I hope and pray he does. You have done all you can in an impossible situation.
Take care and keep working on what you can control...you. Stay healthy and mindful of your needs.
God bless.
(((Hugs)))
Leafy

recoveringenabler

Staff member
I'm so sorry Helpless, this is such a difficult path for us parents.
Take care of yourself. Nourish yourself. Prayers for you and your family.....