Son being pumped for information about ARD next week!!!

pasajes4

We have an ARD on Oct. 5. The school is aware that my attorney/advocte will attend the ARD. They were no doubt contacted by the districts attorney. My son just returned to school after being in a psychiatric hospital for 2 weeks. Yesterday he was called into the principals office and was asked where he had been for the last 2 weeks and for what reason was he in the psychiatric hospital as well as asking him why was mom calling for an ARD. I will be calling the attorney as soon as her office is open. I do not think that I am wrong in thinking this was an invasion of my son's privacy. The admit back to school stated where he had been and that it was medical. I cannot think straight right now.

T

TeDo

I would be LIVID. Absolutely let the attorney know. That is uncalled for and as far as I'm concerned unethical. I would not stand for that and would make sure I was heard loud and clear!

InsaneCdn

Ditto to TeDo's post...

They do it because the "can", but it doesn't mean they get away with it, nor does it make it right for difficult child.

More concerned about covering their own backsides than caring about the kid?

keista

OMW! How old is he? Did he answer their questions? I don't think I'd be able to keep calm enough to contact the attorney. I would have been right down at that school! I'm glad you're not me and waiting on the attorney. No you're not wrong.

pasajes4

He did not answer. He is 15 with major issues with-authority figures at school...too many bad experiences.... but managed to hold it together. He told them to call his attorney if they had any questions. LOL

L

Liahona

And they wonder why difficult children have problems with authority. Glad he is old enough and difficult child enough to stand up to him.

T

TeDo

Good for him. You should be very proud of him for not being rude and calmly telling them the way it is. YAY difficult child!!!