Son has a plan

joysheph

Well today is my birthday and my son brought over some flowers very beautiful ones. He seemed to look okay. He told me hes trying to get into a sober living shelter on a work program. But he has to be able to pass a drug test first. He said hes okay sleeping in his car until he is clean.
I wanted to rescue him with shelter but instead I said it sounds like a good plan. He seemed eager. I pray he stay clean.
Joysheph

Kalahou

Hello Joy,
You did well, affirming for him that “it is a good plan” and implying he can handle it all himself. As always, we must stay cautious with no expectations. My son has had so many “good plans” , but not much consistent action !! So I do not believe anything anymore, and do not hopefully expect the results I would like to see. I just wait and watch, and yes, pray, as you said.

It seems very nice and sweet when they remember your birthday or send a tender note at Thanksgiving. Ironically, my son called me once from jail to say happy birthday. Some of these kids are very loving in their hearts, and try to show it, but then “walk so close to the edge” they fall off again. We just have to take it day by day. Perhaps your son is ready now, and this is the moment for him ! I hold you and your son in thoughts and prayers.
Take care.