Son has phone interview tomorrow!

in a daze

I read all your responses again today to my last thread Need Board Support. You are all incredibly wise and insightful, and your take on the situation was so helpful to me. Thanks, Midwest mom, Child of Mine, Echo, Recovering, Cedar, and whoever else replied.

Please pray or do whatever you do so that he does well on the interview!

in a daze

Thanks, Recovering, he has a second interview on March 19th!

It's at a grocery store. Keep your fingers crossed, prayers, etc...

Needs the money and the structure that a job provides.

recoveringenabler

Staff member
A second interview is good!! In a week. Keep us posted.

I know a mom in our town whose son has some "issues" and he's worked at the local small grocery store for years and years. Everyone knows him and his mom.......he doesn't interact much with customers but he does a good job.

I will continue to hold you both in my prayers........our kids all need our prayers........... whatever they're up to........and us mom's too........

Scent of Cedar *

Oh, this is great! So, he really has been putting in applications, really has been making an effort to reclaim himself! Yay! I will be holding such good thoughts for him, IAD.

I was reading somewhere that we get eight "NO" before we get a yes, when we are looking for work. Try not to get discouraged if this one doesn't work out. The second interview sounds pretty positive, though! Cheesh, I remember how hard it was to keep myself in a good place when I was looking for work ~ and I already had a job. Just not the one I wanted. That turned out to be a case of out of the frying pan into the fire.

Learning experience.

:O)

I hope with all my heart that this is a whole, new beginning for you and your son, IAD.

What does he have to say about it? Does he sound positive and strong?

Cedar

Childofmine

one day at a time
Daze what great news! I hope you can rest in this promise of something new and something good between now and then, and get a renewed focus on YOU.

Things are happening for him, and they may not go in a straight line, but that is okay. What really does?

Do something nice for yourself today. Thank you for keeping us in the loop!

I am praying for you and your son, Daze.

pasajes4

Good for him. I hope he gets the job and it gives him some pep in his step and a taste of success. Our kids really need that.

in a daze

Thanks everyone!

I was reading somewhere that we get eight "NO" before we get a yes, when we are looking for work

The trouble is, Cedar, that he was only filling out one or maybe none a day because he claims his ADHD is preventing him from doing so. He claims he gets restless and he can't focus. He is still mildly depressed. Anxiety is now under control. Unable to take stimulants. P doctor raised his zoloft this week. Hope it kicks in sooner than 6 to eight weeks. Therapist is aware.

He doesn't sound too excited about it. I think it's the depression. Although, it seems he's filling out more applications than he was last week. I wonder if him asking for more money and being told no is having and impact?