son is wondering

Teriobe

Why i dont write to him very much while hes in prison. I told him some days i am so angry its best i dont write anything. And some days i wont answer phone calls either. I am working on it but dont know how long it will take. He said it sucks. I said well, you did this, so........

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
You don't owe him ANY explanation, your not in jail, you have a life. Go enjoy your freedom!!!!!!

I actually enjoy our son out of the house, ahhhh

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
I feel your torment. And I understand tour pain and anguish. We did not cause this we can not control this nor can we cure it. The manipulation and guilt for you not reaching as much as he wants is direspectful. It does show an inability for renourse they is ever present in Conduct Disorder and Antisocial Pesonality Disorder. The fine thigh rope is to have empathy for addiction and illness and not enable it. I haven't found the balance yet but I keep trying. Hang in there and known you are. It alone. ❤️

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Maybe if he sees that you are changing he will think about changing himself!

Do what makes you feel best. You are free to live your life the way you want to!

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
I feel your torment. And I understand tour pain and anguish. We did not cause this we can not control this nor can we cure it. The manipulation and guilt for you not reaching as much as he wants is direspectful. It does show an inability for renourse they is ever present in Conduct Disorder and Antisocial Pesonality Disorder. The fine thigh rope is to have empathy for addiction and illness and not enable it. I haven't found the balance yet but I keep trying. Hang in there and known you are. It alone. ❤️
That should read an inability to show remorse

pigless in VA

Teriobe, have you also told him that his bad choices have affected the whole family? That his decisions haven't just punished him? You have a right to your anger and a right to distance from him.

BusynMember

My opinion is that those who get in this degree of trouble are me centric and not all that worried about the pain they cause others. They are steeped in their self pity and that is all. They are not unintelligent. They know others suffer, but others suffering doesnt stop them.

Teriobe

Thats why i am done giving advice or encouragement. They know exactly what they are doing. I dont no longer want those kind of people in my life. His last letter says he is going to go to na meetings cause he doesnt want to let me down anymore. Sorry i heard that last time he was in. I just want to be left alone. I believe i have battle fatigue and just need peace now

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
He can't let you down anymore , you hit the floor. Well , your getting up and doing your own thing.

Time for him to figure it out for himself with you to lean on or push over.

Prayers!