Son keeps quiet about his success at school

I opened difficult child's school email. He had a letter from the Student Government congratulating him on being selected as a Student Senator. They had one opening and six applicants for an open slot.

Go figure....

He will attend their two day retreat in July. Praying he chooses some new friends there.

DDD

That's COOL! So glad he has another chance to change his MO. Doesn't it make you feel good to know that the easy child part of him that was instilled by his Mom (and reenforced by God) can pop up and dominate??? Bodes well for the future. Hugs DDD

lovemysons

Wow, that's impressive AG!

I too hope your difficult child will use this opportunity to find better friends.
Hugs and congrats,
LMS

Tiredof33

AG that is wonderful news!!!

When my easy child/difficult child/easy child was 16 I asked about having a party and she said no, she had two sets of friends and they didn't relate to each other. The last year of school she was turning difficult child and then really got into it full swing lol!!! After being in jail and forced counseling which she had to ride the bus over 2 hours for the trip, she decided to clean her life up and has kept it cleaned up.

I think this shows much promise! I am very happy for you!!
(((huggs)))