son now been jailed for abuse against me

C

cazza

got word from police son been in remand till july 6th when they decide on the time spend in jail .cant belive the 18 year i have been bringing up could turn out like this .been so stressed been affecting my work where my boss has complained about my work but wont let me have any holiday till oct .:sick:

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry it came to this. I hope that this is the bottom your son needs to hit and that he will drastically change his ways. Don't be afraid or ashamed to get a restraining order and to insist it be enforced when he is released.

As for the boss, unless it is a very small company, you are entitled to FMLA leave if needed. You would need a doctor to fill out some forms, but it should cover leave for stress related medical problems for you or others in your family. Look into Family Medical Leave Act to see the specifics as to what it allows, what is needed to qualify and which employers it does and does not cover.

Please see a counselor to help you work through the feelings that this brings out. Domestic violence centers will be able to help at no cost to you. It is still domestic violence if it is a child abusing a parent. For me it was the best place to find help that understood the complicated emotions that come from being the victim of abuse by your much loved child.

((((((((((hugs))))))))))

tiredmommy

Sending supportive {{{hugs}}} your way. I agree with-Susie that seeking out dv counseling would be helpful for you.

LittleDudesMom

Cazza,

sorry it has come to this....it is easy to feel like a failure when things with our kids go south. But you can't take responsibility for this. I agree with Susie, seeking some help for yourself is one of the best things you could do.

Take this time he is locked up and take a deep and refreshing breath so you can figure out how to move on from here.

Hugs.

Sharon

busywend

I am sorry it has reached this point. All you can do is try to relax and do something nice for yourself. Pamper yourself. I know it seems backwards, but it seriously can be the best thing you can do at this point.