My son is 15 years old and I have been struggling with him for the last year and half. However, things have now escalated and are out of control. My son was arrested few weeks ago for possession of synthetic marijuana. Naturally, I was not happy when I had to pick him up from jail and when I started to question him and told him he was grounded, he began to tell me to “shut the f*** up” and calling me a “f’ing b****”, etc... Things got worse when we got home and he became violent (which he never had done before) throwing things around the house, cursing at me and my husband (his step father of 9 years) and then bolted out the front door. This was around 10:00 pm and he decided to come home around 2:00 am. Then decided to post all over his Facebook what a b****. I was and that he hated me. I decided I was done fighting for the night so I just told him to go to bed and we would talk in the morning in which he responded with f*** you. Next day, I drove him to school and he continued to be verbally abusive. Came home that day after work and he was in bed sleeping. I made dinner and peaked in his room to tell him dinner was ready in which he replied f*** you. I ignored him and shut the door and he then began to get violent again. Punching holes in the wall, throwing things and then cursing and calling my husband obscene names. I went in his room and yelled at him to please stop. When he began calling me names again, I smacked his mouth and he then turned to hit me (he missed) and then kicked me. I was shocked, I never thought my son would have ever hit me. Out of anger, I told him to get out of my house and my husband chased him out. My son did not come home that night. I stayed home from work the next day because all of this was making me physically sick. My son came home around 11:00 am (skipped school). He said to me that he didn’t want to talk to me, he hated living with me, and he wants to go live with his dad. This is not the first time my son has said he wants to go live with his dad. This started about a year and half ago and i feel like i have walked on eggshells around him ever since. At the time, I was heartbroken but adamant he was not moving there as it was not in his best interest. My ex is an alcoholic, chronic marijuana smoker, and dabbles in other drugs. He has 4 kids with 3 different baby mommas and has never paid child support for any of them including mine for which his drivers license is suspended. He also lives off girlfriends and has not had a job in 6 years. But none the less both my sons think he is the greatest guy on the planet. I’m sure because he is more of a friend than a father. My oldest son who is 19 moved out of my home about a year ago and chose to move in with him (they live about 6 hours away). My boys are close so I’m sure he misses his brother as well. Now my son seems to be persistant in making my life a living hell until I give him what he wants, which is to move to his dads. He verbally abuses me and threatens me every day. He’s been purposely failing school and says he will continue until i let him move. I know my son is addicted to marijuana and is probably experimenting with other drugs. Depression/Anxiety runs in my family so i believe he is self medicating. Because this is my sons first offense, the court assigned him only a 6 week drug counseling at a state funded facility where quite frankly my son is learning nothing. He needs help but he refuses to go to a psychologist. I am afraid to force him to do anything (not sure I could anyway) out of fear of retaliation. My husband is threatening to leave me because he can’t take it anymore. I just don’t know what to do! My son is and always comes first in my life but I feel like my hands are tied at this point. Should I just let my son go to his dads and hope for the best and let him deal with our son? He respects his dad and would never treat him the way he’s treating me. Or do I continue to fight this battle and live in complete fear and anxiety and possibly lose my husband? Right now I just can’t seem see any light at the end of the tunnel. I feel like its a lose lose situation for my son either way. Thank you to anyone taking the time to read this. Any advice is valued and appreciated.