Song of the day - Thursday

Abbey

Spork Queen
Not a big fan of this band, but I like this song. Watch the HUGE crowd. The saxaphone player carries this song.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mff0oDxmx8U"]YouTube - dIRE sTRAITS - Your Latest Trick - live in Basel 1992[/ame]
[SIZE=-1][/SIZE]

witzend

Mark Knopfler is a guitar god. I listen to him in all his incarnations every day. I have every album he's ever released, including pre-Dire Straits.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
OK I heard this song yesterday and all I could think of was you up there DJ'ing with your silver boots on! I kept smiling and singing along... OK I am weird a bit.
I don't know why it made me think of you?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iS9RPyznAPg"]YouTube - A Flock Of Seagulls - Wishing[/ame]

trinityroyal

Oh Goodness, Toto!
I haven't heard that song in YEARS! And my bff back in high school had that hairstyle!
(looking at it now kind of makes my eyes goggle. What the he** were we thinking!?)

Abbey

Spork Queen
TOTO!!! TRUE STORY!!! I don't know his name, but the lead singer of Flock of Seagulls is a cook at a pub in Vegas around the corner from where I lived. Chicago Brew. He still sports the white spikey hair. He went out for a reunion concert about a year ago in Vegas at a local bar and it was a flop. Sorry for him. So, he's back flipping burgers.

I met him a few years back when I ordered a meal and he came out of the kitchen with it. I was like...OMG. Are you...I didn't even finish the sentence. Yep. That's me. He just turned and walked away. We've chatted a few times over the years but I think life just caved in on him. Sad.

Abbey

mstang67chic

Going Green
Mark Knopfler is a guitar god. I listen to him in all his incarnations every day. I have every album he's ever released, including pre-Dire Straits.

I remember seeing an interview with Weird Al once not long after he did a parody of Money For Nothing. He had talked to Mark (or Mark's people) to get permission and Mark called him. He said that Al could do the song on one condition...Mark had to play the guitar. It was funny in the interview because Weird Al got this look on his face as he's telling the story like....Oh yeah, I'm going to turn down MARK KNOPFLER???? I don't bleeping THINK so!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Abbey I just read this! That is sad but a great story.... poor guy.
But I can still see you in my minds eye. Chuckle chuckle

Last edited:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Toto, he's a very ordinary kind of guy. Band fell apart...attempted a reunion and it didn't work so well. So, he's doing what most of us do - normal jobs. I almost sense he doesn't really want to discuss the 'previous life.' He's just going about business, likes to see his regulars, etc. I always wanted to taunt him into doing a solo of a song, but in the end respected his privacy.