Song of the day

Abbey

Spork Queen
Alright...I'm going to bore you guys with a song each day from my favorites. You gotta love this one if you really watch the video. It was in the day where guys wore their shirts half buttoned with hairy chests and tight leather pants. I actually really like this song because it is so far out of what they were known for.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-l5FyA3pgo"]YouTube - KC & The Sunshine Band - Please don't go (hi quality sound)[/ame]

Abbey

trinityroyal

Oh, what a blast!
They used to play that song at the Roller Palace for "moonlight skates" back when Roller Disco was a big thing. That was always one of my favourites!

Thanks Abbey

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
I'm just glad someone other than me remebers KC and the sunshine band!!

I'm homeschooling difficult child and teaching her about the 60's - she is blown away by the "old" music!! I felt really old till now - thanks!!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
OMG I had that album!
I loved that song.
I think I used to sit in my room and wail the words... I felt the music.
Oh flashback
thanks now I am singing this.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok. I promise I'll stop for today after this song (for today). This guy is an amazing talent. A little freaky looking, but if you've ever seen him perform, he usually does it on keyboards. All the saxes, drums, guitars, backup vocals, etc., he does himself and records them on an 8 track mixer. I don't think you could throw an instrument at him that he couldn't master.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsezr0qiFIc"]YouTube - Todd Rundgren - Hello Its Me[/ame]

(going to corner now. Did I ever mention that I'm a bit obsessive about some things?)

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Hey Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)-ONE,
I my high school boy friend looked just like him, but not nearly as talented.

I loved this song also! Now the KC song is gone and Todd is in.
Oh, Abbey Baby, please don't stop, because it's important to me.

I am having bad flash backs to my pre-pubescent and just entering puberty days.

trinityroyal

No freakier than David Bowie in his Ziggy Stardust phase. And SUCH a talented musician.

A strange little Todd Rundgren fact...
You know that Meat Loaf album, Bat out of He//?

That bit in the title track that sounds just like a Harley Davidson motorcycle revving?
That's Todd Rundgren playing that on the guitar!!!!

Simply amazing.

And I love this song too.

Thanks Abbey.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Ok, Toto. Such peer pressure!! No video. This is the song I always use as trivia when I do an event. (Don't give up my super secret song.) Everyone knows it, but only once in 12 years has someone come up with the band name. I always offer to buy a drink for whoever can name them...darn it all the one time he gets it and he wants some expensive martini.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InNwuvpp8KM"]YouTube - more today than yesterday - spiral staircase[/ame]