Sonic has a permanent nice apt. For $215 a month

BusynMember

After being on a waiting list for four years to get into a great apartment complex for adults with developmental disabilities, even high functional autism, with lots of his friends there and the rent is just 1/3 of his income (utilities included) he got called. It's a huge two bedroom that became free for him. Most are one bedroom, but Sonic, like Jumper, seems to have a Guardian Angel.

He moves in Sunday and the joke is that our Easter is moving him and pizza afterward then a little birthday party for Hunter who turns 26 on April 3rd (also my deceased dad's birthday...a good distraction from the sadness). A few male friends from my Clubhouse also offered to help us move him. I love my Clubhouse friends, but I told them we we're good ;) Bless my clubhouse friends anyway, the most compassionate friends I ever had, except for my "sister" who is now in spirit but still with me.

People live in this building 25 years.Sonic won't be asked to leave. I don't have to worry about where he will be where I pass to the spirit realm. Nor will Jumper, who will look after his welfare.

There are wonderful places like this for adults with all disabilities, mental illness too, however you do have rules to follow which is no problem for Sonic. And you need to work with a Case Manager and receive Disability. I think!

There is a community room to hang out and the Manager makes home cooked meals for all holidays. And game nights. You don't have to go but you can. I can volunteer there!!

Sonic is sooooo excited. This is twice the size of the place he has now and in a good location for getting places in town.

This has been.in the works for two months but now the time is here. Princess is coming up at the end of April for Jumpers graduation and she wants to help decorate Sonic's place and she is very artistic. So she is going to get busy.

Lots of good stuff happening in the SomewhereOutThere family. Hubby retires mid April. I will enjoy his company. We get along really well and honestly never fight...squabble infrequently, but nothing worse.

Life is so good!! I am do relieved that Sonic has a permanent place to stay. And everything right now is heading in a good direction, except Bart's legal stuff...but that is another story. I give the compassion I can to him. That's all I can do. I wish i could do more but I am not able.

Love and light to all.

Pam

Last edited:

susiestar

Roll With It
That is truly wonderful! I am so pleased for all of you!! This must be a real blessing of peace for you. I know you have worried about leaving the burden of his care on Jumper's shoulders. Of course Jumper would never complain, but a Mom worries. This alleviates much of that in such a wonderful way!

Congrats to Hubby on his retirement!!

BusynMember

Susie, thanks so much. This is a weight off my shoulders and he is so excited to be living there.

Love and so much goodness to you and your precious family!

Lil

Oh SWOT what a wonderful development! I'm sure this is an awesome place and I bet he'll love it! So many good things coming your way right now. May they continue unabated!!!

wisernow

wisernow
What wonderful news. So happy for you all. The universe has a way of giving blessings when least expected but much needed! Hugs!

AppleCori

How wonderful!

That is a big relief to know that he is taken care of with the right balance of independence and supports that he needs thrive.

What a great country this is, to provide these services!

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
I could not imagine a more joyous Easter SWOT. Good luck with the move and best of luck to Sonic and his new home!