Sorry been off the board for bit.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
I never know if any one even notices... LOL

But between the trip from heck and not being able to get online without my mother in law being up my you know what. That was hard in itself.
The help we were supposed to get, the break while we were in Chicago, well that was non-existent.

Too much to even explain. N was not doing well, she is getting worse which is so troubling. Out therapist is addressing this which is nice.

K starting spiraling the day before we left. We had hoped it would get better when we arrived.

It was OK, husband had to work a bit. Between K's birthday, 4th of July etc... she never had a chance.
She was cycling so fast, having nightmares that the house was going to burn down. Begging to go home.

By day 12 it was over.

She went completely manic. She had no clue were she was, she was delusional, hallucinating, trying to hurt herself. She thought she could get back to Tucson through the bars in the end of the bed or by hitting her head against the wall.

This lasted for a few hours. I was finally able to calm her and get her to walk outside and try to catch fireflies.
This was scary, I did not know if she would bolt...
The only good out of this was that mother in law saw it.

Of course when husband told them that we were flying home as soon as we could, mother in law said maybe she will be better in the morning. :ashamed::ashamed:

I wanted to go home earlier, N and K kept telling me they wanted to go home. But I am the the negative one.
I am the one who was over reacting. So this horrible experience, one more horrible experience was needed to finally let everyone know that our kids absolutely can not do these things.
They can barely go to a museum or mall here.

Our psychiatrist apt is tomorrow, therapist Thursday.

I am so angry, sad just frustrated. I just feel alone.

I was just devastated that I had to miss Cleveland. My one trip, my one thing for myself.
I am trying so hard not to be angry at my child. I know it is not her fault.

I will try and catch up.
I missed you guys.

Nancy

I'm sorry you missed the trip to Cleveland too Toto. I was looking forward to meeting you and I know you were looking forward to a couple days to yourself.

I'm sorry things are so out of control right now.

Nancy

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
We certainly missed you in Cleveland and toasted in your honor. Hopefully next time you'll be able to join the group.

Suz

flutterby

Fly away!
I, too, am so sorry that you couldn't make it to Cleveland. You really need and deserve a break.

My heart just breaks for little K. And for you. I can't even imagine how hard this is for all of you.

I'm sorry to hear that N is not doing well. They are too young to have to deal with these issues, you know? I hope therapist is able to help.

(((hugs)))

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, Toto. I'm so sorry on many levels. You need your time, yet you need to be there for your daughter. It's a tough, painful call. And yes, we did miss you. ;) You can't get away that easily.

PM or call anytime. (not sure if you have my number). We could have another cyber party.

Abbey

Wiped Out

Staff member
Toto,
I'm so sorry K struggled so on the trip. I am also sorry you missed the Cleveland trip. (((hugs)))

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Thanks you guys! As always you make me feel much better. :)

You know what really hoovers?
husband was pushing me to try to get the in-laws car and sneak off and find Abbey and then when I went to Cleveland early I was going to try and meet up for lunch with Stang if she could!
But the in-laws were so so scattered with their house being up for sale and them just not having a clue what was going on with the girls.
I couldn't leave if my life depended on it.

Poor N just never wanted want me to leave her side. I may have had to bring her with me!
She just finished giving herself a bloody nose I think from stress, because husband had to take her to Gymnastics and not me.

I seriously do not know how some of you have made it to 18?!?!

KTMom91

I'm so sorry the girls had such a hard time. Poor kids. I was hoping things would go well for all of you.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
((((hugs)))) Toto

I so missed you in Cleveland. And I know you really could've used the break. I'm so very sorry the girls are having such a rough time right now.

Abbey

Spork Queen
Toto..I'm chuckling. Find Abbey? It's like find Waldo. Where is she now?:tongue: Give me husband's number and I'll force him to arrange a road trip. ;)

Abbey

M

ML

I'm so sorry T. My heart breaks for those kids and for you. It's just not fair. by the way you are always missed. Your contributions are essential to this board's pulse xo ML

TerryJ2

Aw, I'm so sorry.
Both that you missed the trip (there will be another one; I missed it too), and that K was so out of it.
A silver lining though, that your mother in law saw it!
Many hugs.