Sorry I am being blind tonite, need a bit of help.

Discussion in 'Special Ed 101' started by susiestar, Nov 1, 2007.

  1. susiestar

    susiestar Roll With It

    A friend called me because her son is having a lot of trouble in school. The teachers turned her in as a "bad parent" to the SD. The Dir of Special Services spent time with her son and said that he shows signs of learning disabilities and other problems. The man encouraged her to take him to Children's hospital for testing.

    This SD is well known for not wanting to test. They have also thrown homeless kids out of school for not living in the area (violation of either state or fed law, not sure but it made the rounds of my teacher relatives).

    Anyway, I am looking for the letter requesting an evaluation from the SD. Private evaluation is not doable as her ex is very against it (Nothing is wrong crud).

    I am having a bad night and would appreciate a link to the letter that you send certified.


  2. Sheila

    Sheila Moderator