Sorry It feel like years, since I have been here!

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Well part of the reason I have not posted was to keep my sanity... My inlaws were with us in Tucson!
I felt like if I posted or even opened up my computer I would start venting... and I would not hold it together!!!
Actually husband said he thinks my medications are working because I was "nice" to mother in law and father in law and I didn't strangle mother in law after her very, ummm, interesting things she did and said.

Well husband and I took one! Afternoon off, to purchase a bag, our bag broke. Luggage!
We were gone about 3 hours... he gave instructions, it was in the 90's, only outside in the pool 45 minutes, LOTS of sunscreen. You know all of that stuff... He went over it 3 times... "OK J I got it!"... (mother in law)
We came home to little N, covered in red sunburn... by nighttime. She was shaking, her arms and legs covered in red rash like sunburn... I had to give her Ibuprofin and hold her all night.
husband had to have a very harsh talk with his parents... Even K had sunburn on her cheeks and shoulders.
They let them stay out for 2 + hours... OK

So then mother in law, told a story one night, about husband's Father's wife. So husband's Stepmom, who has Mental Illness, basically barely leaves the house, will not fly, never has... Has embraced conservative religion, which gives her comfort. husband's Mom, although she is the one that left husband's Dad, seems to still hold a flame for him.

So mother in law showed up at husband's half-sister's Mom's funeral... Sorry! Are you with me? THis was husband's Dad's First wife, he has had I believe 5!!! mother in law was number 2...
So she felt the NEED to go to this funeral...
Anyway, she had really no reason to go, but proceeded to talk trash about husband's Step-Mom, she was telling us at dinner, that StepMom was "Schizo" and talking to herself at the funeral... that she was "crazy"
She kept going on, and on.
I had to just bite my tongue, I wanted to scream at her,"Do you not realize your Grand-Daughter, talks to herself and Hallucinates?" "Do you not realize how horrible it is to call someone with mental illness 'schizo'?"
"Do you realize I am Bipolar and considered 'crazy' and have been locked up?"
But you "respect" me because you do not realize all of this and are in denial, and my medications are working???
husband's poor Step-Mom was quoting the Bible,(now I am not Religious) but she finds comfort, and it has helped her, she was at a church, at a funeral. She was speaking to God... and even I could see that it helps her. She doesn't hurt anyone with her religion.
I am just amazed at people at times...
husband believes that with time and as they spend more times with K and N... they will get it. I hope so.
They are nice people, but they are, well I think my words kind of tell the story. She did this last time also with her sister, telling me she was crazy, and all people are crazy and to just "deal with it". Her sister was having panic attacks...

Anyway my baby N turned 4 yesterday.... N seems more Autistic like every day... she is so sweet and funny though. We got her into, I think, a pretty good public pre-school.

I will post over in general about K...

Sorry, I have missed all of you... so much going on...

witzend

It must have seemed like a lifetime to you that you were away! I'm glad that they are gone and you all are settling back in.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I MISSED YOU.

Well I guess it's time to get the in laws to spring for a lanai cover -

Sending you scotch.......................tape for your bitten tongue.

Hugs
Star

Steely

TOTO - We missed you!!!
I can't believe you survived the inlaws without your cyber family:sheepish: What else are we good for? Sniff, sniff. LOL.

Good to see you back.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Toto

I have your mother in law for my MOTHER. Believe me, that's worse! To top it off she has her own mental illness (major denial there), and is a nurse and should know better. sigh We got into one of her longish discussions just last night. I just stopped talking. Not a sound. Eventually she gets the message and stops.

I can't believe you made it thru that without coming here and letting off some steam. whew!

Hugs

daralex

Clinging onto my sanity
Congratulations on making it through the black hole of in-law he**! So glad your back! Hope things get back to "normal" soon!

M

ML

I'm also glad you are back. Now hopefully you can ease back into a more sane and supportive routine. Hugs ml

TerryJ2

Oh, I am so glad you are back, safe and sound. (Well, considering your note, only partially sound, LOL!) So sorry about your mother in law. Ugh. You deserve an award. Go somewhere and just scream until your throat hurts and get it out of your system.

F

flutterbee

I've missed you, T. It's good to see you. Sorry about mother in law, but what are you gonna do? Just smile and nod.