Sorry out of action

L

Liahona

difficult child 1 broke my computer. I'm using husband's and he guards his computers carefully. I had a wonderful little cherub one week ago. She was 7 lbs 14 oz and 18 1/2 inches long. Labor was 2 1/2 hours. She let the dr get there and I got to have pain medications.

difficult child 1 is in crisis. He threatened to kill difficult child 2. Has thrown things at difficult child 3 and had a meltdown that scared Elsie so badly she talked about it weeks afterwards. difficult child 1 doesn't respond to me anymore. It used to be that he would at least try to hide the aggression from me. Now it doesn't matter if I'n there or not. He does respond to men. My crisis plan is to call the neighbors and if they aren't there the crisis team from the county mental health. As soon as I call difficult child 1 calms down. It'd be comical if difficult child 1 wasn't so scary. I call for help and the guy comes and sees a completely calm kid and just sits on the couch until husband gets home. Its been very peaceful (relatively) the last week because husband has been home all week to help with cherub. He will be off for one more week. Next week he does go back to school in the evenings.

I'd better go. The few times I get on one of husband's computers I use it to pay bills. I miss you guys and will be back as soon as I can get my own computer. Probably in a few months.

buddy

I sent you a pm wondering if you had your baby yet! I knew you were due right after Step. Sorry about difficult child 1. I hope the crisis plan continues to work. Can't wait to hear more about the latest in your family!

Steely

I think about you often, even though I am not on the board often.
Still worry so much about difficult child 1. Do you have a plan of action other than a rescue plan? Have you thought about Residential Treatment Center (RTC) for him.
Please PM me if you need anything. I will do whatever I can to help.

B

Bunny

Please be careful when your husband goes back to work. If difficult child 1 isn't responding to you anymore I worry about your safety and the safety of the other kids. Always keep a phone near you or on you. Let us know how things are going when you can.

Congratulations on your new little cherub.

DDD

Good to read an update as it has seemed like a long time since I "saw" you here. Is it possible that your #1 needs a change of medication due to puberty? Often twelve and thirteen get the body systems out of whack. Hugs. DDD

TerryJ2

:choir::flowers:CONGRATULATIONS ON THE NEW BABY!!!!! wOO Hoo!!!

I am so sorry about difficult child 1. Definitely keep your cell phone with-you at all times, and come up with-some ideas for someone, preferably male, to be with-you at home at all times when your husband is out of the house.

cubsgirl

I don't have any ideas for difficult child 1 (but i agree with keeping a phone on you at all times) but I do want to congratulate you on your new addition to the family - CONGRATS!

H

HaoZi

Congrats on the new little one and do everything you need to to stay safe and keep the others safe.

B

Bunny

Good to read an update as it has seemed like a long time since I "saw" you here. Is it possible that your #1 needs a change of medication due to puberty? Often twelve and thirteen get the body systems out of whack. Hugs. DDD

Good point, DDD. We went from difficult child doing really well on his dose of medications to being completely unstable in just a matter of weeks because of a huge growth spurt and puberty just making his hormones crazy. When was the last time you spoke to his psychiatrist about his medications?