Southern Members!

muttmeister

I'm glad everybody is OK. This weather really is weird. Usually I'm in the area where we have tornadoes this year but we haven't had any and not even a thunderstorm, although we have been cool with lots of rain. It seems like the patterns have shifted.

TerryJ2

All was calm last night, despite all the warnings. We were in between the storms in central VA and those that swept out to sea. Just a thin strip of clouds and a few raindrops.
Much ado about nothing is always better than catastrophe, I say!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Glad you're ok Janet. Had to LOL over the spending too much money thing though.

It's not just the tornadoes themselves that are weird..........it's the amount spinning off each storm that is so very odd. Not to mention the power they seem to have.

The area we're in has the occasional tornado.....but they rarely touch down here. Theory is that is because it's so darn hilly..........not sure I buy that. lol This year we've already had several close by.......and we've barely started the season. Not that spring is so much the season to begin with. ugh

All that damage is so horrible. My heart goes out to those poor people. The death numbers, omg, so very sad.

donna723

I'm here! We're just fine. We had a lot of wind and rain but not too much damage here, just a few trees down. The tornados missed us but we got over 8 inches of rain in a very short time so the main problem is flooding in some areas. There's so many creeks and rivers here that flash floods are a big problem in some places. It's not so bad in our little town and it's certainly not as bad as last years floods that were on May 1st, almost exactly one year ago.

I was going to post last night but I was absolutely exhausted! My son finally had surgery yesterday to repair the hernia that he's been walking around with for almost FIVE YEARS and he'll be staying here for a few days while he heals up. I couldn't sleep at all Wednesday night, then we had to leave at 5:00 a.m. to get to the hospital at 7:00 a.m. for "short stay" surgery. They do it through three tiny little incisions and go in there and put some kind of patch on it. We were on our way home before 2:00 p.m. He's grouchy and sore but he's doing fine and will spend three or four days in my recliner commandeering MY remote control and being waited on hand and foot. But after being up all night, doing all that driving, and then spending the whole day sitting around in a hospital waiting room, I was so tired, I couldn't see straight. But we were very lucky here compared to other areas where there is so much distruction. Sorry if I worried anyone ... we're fine.

I'm just so glad that his surgery was yesterday and not the day before - we would have had to be driving all that way in those storms!

tiredmommy

Donna... I'm so glad you're okay! :) And I'm glad your son is okay too... we all know you're going to spoil him for the next few days and he'll just have to take it, lol!

TerryJ2

Donna, I'm so glad that the surgery is over (5 yrs!!!) and that you didn't have to drive in a storm. Sheesh.
Your son will adapt way too quickly to the throne and the remote. ;)

donna723

Yeah, he kept putting off having the surgery because sometimes it didn't bother him at all and when he felt better, he'd decide that he could put up with it for a while longer. But lately it had gotten worse and worse so he had to have it done. I'm just glad that he finally did something about it.