Special mom power

Kathy813

Staff member
My easy child called me last night to ask about patch of rough reddened skin behind her ear. She said it was the size of a quarter and wanted to know what I thought it was.

I told her that I had no idea . . . especially since I hadn't seen it. She said, "But don't you have some special mom power that tells you what it is?"

:rofl:

I said that I thought that my special mom powers expired when she turned 21.

by the way, does anyone here know what it might be? She said it isn't a pimple and didn't seem to have a head. I thought it might be impetigo. Could she have picked it up from one of her students?

~Kathy

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
:rofl: about the special mom powers. by the way you don't ever get to retire. lol

About her ear...........does she wash behind them? Now I know that sounds simple, but well.......some folks think oh, I washed my hair so that took care of it.....but washing behind them isn't just something moms say to nag, it needs to be done. Impetigo starts on the trunk of the body. I'm guessing dry skin where the old skin might not be being washed off and is building up.

Have her try washing the area, rinsing well, and applying a little lotion.

P

PatriotsGirl

Actually, that sounds like ringworm. Tell her to spray Tinactin on it. :)

TerryJ2

LOL! That's a good one!

I can't tell unless I see it. Could be ringworm, psoriasis, allergic reaction to something ... if it's spreading, I'd go to a dermatologist.

buddy

Well, I am convinced my mom still has her special mom powers. She used to know what we were doing behind her back.............. one day I put my finger in some cake frosting (cake was on the counter behind her while she was doing dishes) and she said...Dee, dont touch that cake.

I jumped and because she had done that many times I asked her to show me the eyes she had in the back of her head (that is what she told us)... then one day I happened to look up at just the right angle and I could see that she saw our reflections in the kitchen window...DUH. She also always had a magic bag with activities for us on rainy days.

My mom was and is magical in many ways.

I love that she said that. So cute.

DDD

That's so funny and cute! Maybe Mom's A&D ointment might be a good temporary try to get it healed. LOL!
on the other hand, alot of my "special" knowledge comes from WEDMD. DDD

Kathy813

Staff member
DDD ~ great moms think alike. I told her to put A&D ointment on it. I also suggested going to the doctor but she is stubborn and said she would wait and see if it goes away. She is going out of town this evening to visit a friend who is in law school in Michigan and so she doesn't have time to see the doctor before she goes.

TM ~ She doesn't wear glasses so that's not the problem.

H

HaoZi

She mention any other symptoms? That's kind of how my psoriasis started, too, just a slightly itchy red patch behind one ear, then it spread, but there's so many things it could be that it really needs to be seen by a professional if basic first aid doesn't make it go away in 5-7 days.

N

Nomad

"Mom powers" this is precious!
And I know I have always valued speaking with women at least a little older than myself. We/they hold a lot of wisdom.
I like the idea of seeing a school nurse. They've seen "stuff" going around the school.
Could be ringworm (especially if it is in a circular shape). She might try something OTC for that. She could wash the area with shampoo with TAR in it. However, I do think she should really get to a dermatologist as soon as she comfortably can.

Last edited:

Star*

call 911........call 911
Tell her - the patch of raw skin behind her ear is sense and sensibility rising to the epidermis - from her NOT LISTENING TO YOUR SPECIAL MOM POWERS all these years and it finally trying to be healed since she called to ask YOU a question.

Kathy813

Staff member
LDM ~ I thought about the windex, too. I loved that movie.

Her school does have a school nurse and I suggested that easy child ask her about it but she says that the nurse is not very friendly and she doesn't want to ask her about it.

I'll see how it is when she gets back from her trip and we'll figure things out from there (using those special mom powers of mine).

Thanks!

~Kathy