Sponsor me for NaNoWriMo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Mamaof5

I know I'm being sheepishly opportunistic here. I was wondering if any of you would like to sponsor me for NaNoWriMo.

What is it: National Novel Writing Month

nanowrimo.org

Why sponsor me: Because the more sponsor I get the more funds raised for their Office of Letters and Light which sponsors class rooms around the world for computer lending out, youth authors who aspire to become published authors and a love of literary writing and reading. It goes to a great cause, kids. Kids who want to follow a dream. Kids like I used to be who didn't have much to begin with for writing except one English teach and a mom who tried to support it.

Only if you can and only if you want to: Thank you!

(link removed by TM)

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HaoZi

Good luck! I've had friends ask me often if I will participate, but that deadline... ummm... nope, can't do it. What's your deadline on fundraising?

M

Mamaof5

The deadline is the last of the month, this month. It's for the duration of November.

I have finished two novels in one year but you are right the 30 days is quite a challenge and can seem daunting some days. I even started 2 days late *lol*. You write too? Awesome!

Steely

I was thinking about doing this as well....but now what....I am 4 days into Nov.? I still might do it though!!! Here is a quote that I found today in recognition of NANOWRIMO by my favorite author - so inspiring!!!

"Go for the jugular. If something scary comes up, go for it. That's where the energy is. Otherwise, you'll spend all your time writing around whatever makes you nervous. It will probably be abstract, bland writing because you're avoiding the truth. Hemingway said, "Write hard and clear about what hurts." Don't avoid it. It has all the energy. Don't worry, no one ever died of it. You might cry or laugh, but not die." Natalie Goldberg

M

Mamaof5

DO IT! I started 2 days late and am already at over 8K now. DO IT!

Steely

WOW that is awesome Mama. There are 4 writers on the board that I *know* about - Hazoi, Terry, you and me...........(I am sure there are more).
I wonder if we could all come together and do a cd board challenge? Whatta think?

M

Mamaof5

I am grinning ear to ear Steely. EAR TO EAR. That is an awesomest idea (as my kidlet says).

I am now at 9005 words and exceeded my daily word count to finish on time (woot) I may just keep writing and here is the synopsis of the book I am writing for NaNo this year:

These Chains is the story of a young man recounting his troubled childhood and the abusive nature of a spiteful step father. He takes us from his abuse as a child to his life as an alcoholic and drug addict who attempts suicide before finding recovery and redemption. Readers find themselves staring first hand into the ripple effect of addictions from the first person point of view.

Mattsmom277

What an awesome challenge and an awesome cause. I absolutely will sponsor you. It may take a day or two as I'm on my phone typing as its been for a week. Laptop needs a beating or a repair. Have someone looking at it this weekend. Once it's going I'll head to your link. If any other members sign up please inbox me so I can support you as well with a donation. Enjoy the writing!

tiredmommy

Friends! Colleagues! Warriors-in-arms! Unfortunately, financial sponsorship is in violation of the sites TOS, even when it's fundraising for charity. So here's what I'm going to do: lock this thread (and the other one) and removes the links. Those that wish to offer financial support are welcome to PM you for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.