Spontaneous Remission

F

flutterbee

I don't know what else to call it.

Just like that, my pain is gone. No pain anywhere. Even the numbness/tingling in my ring and pinky finger of my left hand is gone. Just like that. First day of no pain since last summer.

I walked the dog today for 40 minutes. I haven't been able to walk for 5 minutes and I haven't been able to walk the dog at all because of her pulling. It doesn't hurt to stand. It doesn't hurt to empty the dishwasher, it doesn't hurt to comb out my hair. My neck doesn't hurt, my head doesn't hurt, my knees don't hurt, my hips don't hurt.

Last night my right wrist was really sore. Nothing today. 2 nights ago I was waking up repeatedly because my left hand was numb. No numbness at all. Yesterday I was hurting putting groceries away and was forcing myself to push through it. I could do it all day long today.

I'm still tired - took a 4 hour nap today. But, that's ok. We'll see how my cognitive issues go.

Hopefully, this will last.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Have you done anything differently?? I'm serious. Even the smallest detail might give a clue. A food you ate/didn't eat? A new medication or one stopped?

Anything different from absolute normal I'd jot down and save. You never know. If it starts up again it might wind up valuable info especially if you begin to notice a pattern.

Is it possible the medications and such have finally started working??

I dunno. That so drastic. I mean I'm thrilled you've had a pain free day and even got to walk the dog. But it does seem unusual.

Keeping body twisted into a pretzel hoping to heaven you stay pain free and in "remission".

((hugs))

F

flutterbee

Lisa -

I'm afraid to trust it, too. It's so sudden. Then, too, if I have no symptoms how can I get a diagnosis? I don't mean to sound ungrateful, but..... Know what I mean??

The only 'medication' I've been on for any length of time for this is vitamin D - 50,000 units twice a week. And I've felt so lousy the last couple of weeks that I've forgotten to take it. I think I've taken it once in the last two weeks. I go back to the rheumy on Tuesday and he'll check my vitamin D levels again so we'll see where that's at.

I stopped the steroids 2 weeks ago. The steroid injection I had gotten in my right SI joint wore off in about a week.

I've done nothing different. It's so bizarre. And while I'm enjoying it, I'm also waiting for the other shoe to drop, Know what I mean??

I'm just going to enjoy it, though. I figure if it returns, it's just another symptom. More history.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Oh, yeah. I understand. I know I'd be waiting for the other shoe to drop, too. After being so sick and in so much pain to suddenly wake up one day and poof it's gone just seems too good to be true. And I'd also worry about the dxing part. Because even should it last, what if it came back later down the road? You'd have all that time docs have nothing to gone on you know?

I do hope it lasts at least a while though. You certainly deserve the relief.

But I think this sort of thing does alot to remind us that while moden medicine has advanced drastically, there is still tons they just don't know and are still learning about.

F

flutterbee

You know, maybe this isn't so bizarre. I did this right after my heart attack and angioplasty, too. Everything went away. And because of the timing, I then (mistakenly) attributed all of the symptoms that I was having (and that went away) to my heart disease.

Hmmmm....I'll be making an appointment to see my GP this week to talk this over with her.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Might not be a bad idea. If these symptoms do have a pattern, it might be a way they can figure out what it is, or at least narrow it down.

klmno

I'm so happy for you!! I don't know anything about this kind of medical issue, but I hope it lasts and -- ENJOY!!

meowbunny

May it continue to be gone is my prayer for you. I understand it would be nice to have some answers, but for now I'm doing a happy dance that you've at least had one pain-free day! Take care, my friend (as I twirl around til I drop from dizziness).

DammitJanet

Ahhh remission! I kinda went through that right after I had one knee scoped and got a hysterectomy. I felt really good for awhile. It lasted about six months with only minor problems cropping up. I even started looking for work again. Alas, it ended and Im back where I was before but these things can happen.

nvts

oh alright, you can have Orlando while you're feeling better...

man what a guilt trip!

(glad you're feeling better!) :wine:

Beth

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
Keep track of things but enjoy the remission while it lasts. If nothing else, I'd call your doctors & let them know of the change in status of your pain (or lack thereof).

Happy day - have fun with this!

Heather, this is the happiest, happiest, hap-hap-HAPPIEST post I have read ALL DAY!!

I can't dance, so I will do the happy grin from ear to ear for you.

Yippee!!!

F

flutterbee

Still no pain today. I do have the numbness/tingling, but it's only in the pads of those fingers as opposed to the whole finger.

I called my doctor's office and told them and the nurse was just floored. She's going to let the doctor know and see what, if anything, she wants to do.

Oh, Happy Day!

trinityroyal

Heather,
Enjoy your pain-free time and cherish it for as long as you have it. I hope that your remission lasts a very long time.

Trinity