Springtime...

Pink Elephant

What is your favourite part about Spring?

I was giving thought to this today, and the tiny little leaves that adorn the branches of trees is my very favourite thing. So perfectly shaped, so dainty.

Also enjoy how everything comes to life. Birds start singing, bees start buzzing, flowers start blooming, and lawns are so lush and green. It's a time for new life.

I think out of all the seasons throughout the year, Springtime makes me feel most alive. Spring breathes energy into my heart and soul, and makes me feel like waking in the morning. It adds bounce to my step and injects me with a renewed sense of happiness

How about you?

KTMom91

I love the sounds of the neighborhood waking up. The kids outside playing, the guys across the street with their carpentry, lawn mowers, music, people walking by talking, the Pokemon crowd meeting up at the church across the street, the girls singing...

Pink Elephant

I love the sounds of the neighborhood waking up. The kids outside playing, the guys across the street with their carpentry, lawn mowers, music, people walking by talking, the Pokemon crowd meeting up at the church across the street, the girls singing...
Yes, the sound of lawn mowers and freshly cut grass.

One of my childhood friends lives in an old three-story Victorian home with the a glassed-in veranda straight out of a storybook, and I remember sitting with her mom in the mid afternoon, enjoying a glass of iced tea while chatting about this and that.

There was always a gentle cool breeze that provided a pleasant reprieve from the summer heat, and from the second-story veranda we'd watch neighbours and passer-byers through the wall of paned-glass windows.

Wish I could go back in time to those days. There was no sense of urgency, little stress, and more time was spent reflecting and enjoying, unlike today.

Triedntrue

20180428_150246.jpg
Buds on the trees

Not too hot or cold

Going to a place i know with 2 waterfalls and a natural water slide to sit and listen to the falls. Very relaxing. In spring it is so much stronger because of the snow melting in the mountains.

Being able to take my dog for runs in the woods.

Pink Elephant

View attachment 956 Buds on the trees

Not too hot or cold

Going to a place i know with 2 waterfalls and a natural water slide to sit and listen to the falls. Very relaxing. In spring it is so much stronger because of the snow melting in the mountains.

Being able to take my dog for runs in the woods.
Oh my goodness, that picture... it's so beautiful! Thank you for posting, Tired Mama.

I'm like you and tend to enjoy the in-between of spring and summer, and fall and winter. Summer is too hot for me, and the older I get, winter is much too cold.

Water running (in general) helps relax me and soothe my soul. I have wanted a water feature in our yard, forever, and once husband is retired and has more time to spend improving our home and yard, he promised me some sort of water feature.

That picture looks like a befitting place to take a dip on a hot summer day. So lovely.

BusynMember

I love the smells and sounds. Freshly cut grass. Flower scents drifting in the sweet air. The leafy trees waving gently in the wind. The freshness in the air after a storm. Chirping birds (I love birds). People out walking dogs. Happy children. Joggers waving to me. Frequent trips to our very elite dog park. Bike rides.Temps in the 60s.

I don't like hot humid weather, but Tom and i and doggies ar both RVing to Texas in the winter months starting in 2019 so we will see if the weather is pleasant there in winter. We love water. We areadefinitely going to be near water. Fresh water is the ultimate call of spring and summer (and winter in Texas) to me. Or so I hope.

I like autumn too when the leaves turn beautiful colors and it isn't too hot or cold.

Pink Elephant

I love the smells and sounds. Freshly cut grass. Flower scents drifting in the sweet air. The leafy trees waving gently in the wind. The freshness in the air after a storm. Chirping birds (I love birds). People out walking dogs. Happy children. Joggers waving to me. Frequent trips to our very elite dog park. Bike rides.Temps in the 60s.

I don't like hot humid weather, but Tom and i and doggies ar both RVing to Texas in the winter months starting in 2019 so we will see if the weather is pleasant there in winter. We love water. We areadefinitely going to be near water. Fresh water is the ultimate call of spring and summer (and winter in Texas) to me. Or so I hope.

I like autumn too when the leaves turn beautiful colors and it isn't too hot or cold.
I love being able to open things up in the house during a rain or right after. Typically, a rain cools things down and freshens the air, and I'll take that any day.

Oh yes, my little feathered friends. Live for my birds.

Also love seeing mothers out pushing strollers. Reminds me of the baby days with my children.

Pink Elephant

the sounds of the birds singing away in the early morning and the smell of new things, flowers, dirt, and the spring rains
Everything you love! You have great taste, Wisernow. :)

I hate getting dirty or touching dirty things, but somehow when I garden I enjoy it. Never give thought to working in the dirt, and you're right, Springtime brings with it all sort of fresh new smells.