Squatter in my cousin's apt is evil

Star*

call 911........call 911
Prrrrrrrrrrrobably? Interesting choice of words. A months reprieve at your Aunts expense how lovely. How pray tell is she to survive without power for a month - no hot water, no lights (okay candles) but seriously?

N

Nomad

holy cow
difficult child had a squatter here from NY
The young woman was a pro
After a month of unbelievable big time drama trauma, we reached her aunt who agreed to send her a one way ticket back to NY
We had to get her to the airport and buy her kid a car seat cause the driver refused to take her baby with-o one
It was an ordeal
If you think they might be pros...well, you might be right
This gal seem to know the law, was very comfortable with- what she was doing and was not always stable...etc.
An ordeal...
my sympathies

H

HaoZi

How pray tell is she to survive without power for a month - no hot water, no lights (okay candles) but seriously?
*practicing detachment* That's her problem.

Well, it's easy to say when I don't know the person. But I can practice, right?

N

Nomad

heee heee re: "practice makes perfect"
Sadly, I am familiar with the notion that difficult children are ok with living with-o electricity or water for looooong periods
In our area, word is, difficult children will break into foreclosed condos or condos where the owners are gone for the summer and stay there for several months with-o these things and sometimes they don't get caught
However, I know someone whose difficult child adult "child" DID get caught and she went to prison....in THIS particular case...it was breaking and entering
Other case scenario...."the squatters." I suspect this is at least part of the reason my difficult child just picks up and moves. She invites these "people" to stay with her "for awhile." Then, she can't get rid of them. So, she moves. It is DISTURBING on several counts.
If you own the property....it takes a court order, time and maybe the police to give them an "assit" out the door.
Again, my sympathies

TerryJ2

Thank you!

Yes, she is a difficult child, definitely. Capable, smart, artistic, talented, used to have a real estate license. Probably a pro, especially when I look back and consider the time she drilled out the lock. Yep.

She'll light candles or something, or she'll just hang out at bars and find some other sucker. She's very persuasive.

Star*

call 911........call 911
I'd find out what bar she went to - offer someone to buy her loads and loads of drinks - then take her back to your apt.

put a record player in her apartment set to kkkkk kk kkkkkkkk kkkkkkkkkk kkkkkkk kkkkkk noises......flash some superficial ghost with blacked out eyes up on the wall - moan on the other side of the wall, bang on the pipes, make scratching noises on the walls......rattle a few chains.....and move her stuff around. Then flick the lights on and off, on and off, on and off.

Then again - I've probably watched too many late night movies.

TerryJ2

Oh, my, you do have an evil streak, LOL! Find out which bar, now that is the goal ... there are so many to choose from ...

Star*

call 911........call 911
Not evil...........AssTUTE.........If I were in the bar? I'd pay the bartender to steal her keys.

TerryJ2

Ohhh, I like the way you think!

No news today. Don't know if the elec company goes out on Sundays to turn off power. Tomorrow will be the day for sure.

Star*

call 911........call 911
Note - I'm not the evil one - It's Haozi and Susie * that can give you lessons on how to scare the poo out of your neighbors with black robes, chants, drawings on your lawn and stuff like that. lol - I mean THOSE gals are SKAAAAAARRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEE. ......(i'd um hide any chickens if you know what I mean)

H

HaoZi

I wouldn't intentionally hurt a chicken. An ex-husband, maybe. But it's not hard to make fake blood and do funky things with glow in the dark paint. ;)

Star*

call 911........call 911
No, no no ------you get the bartender to steal the keys and then go IN the apartment and..........then the girls...........and.......

Wow really? Exhusband huh? Now I'm thinking your x and my x could be related.

TerryJ2

So, ConEdison screwed up. They never shut off the power like they said they would.
Now they can't because it would be on "their" backs if the squatter turned around and sued.
They did explain a way it could be done, however. If it works, and she sues the bldng mgr, I told him I'd help with-the legal costs.
This is making me madder and madder.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Now they can't because it would be on "their" backs if the squatter turned around and sued.

Errrrr... This is a squatter. I'm really confused. I think you're right about the ID - 10 - T...