Staff found Kanga!!

JJJ

I am glad that you know a bit more but I was going to say I would assume she is of age to consent to anything now. Its obvious she is willing. The bad part is she is going to put herself in situations where while she may be willing in certain situations, in others, she might not be. Trust me, I know. Just because you are willing to go look for a dozen willing partners doesnt mean that the wrong person isnt going to come looking for you. Sigh. I hope they can get that through to her somehow. Of course no one could get it through to me until it was too late either.

Her therapist and I tried to address this with her but she thinks it would be fun to have sex with lots of guys at the same time and thinks she is strong enough to stop someone from hurting her (She is strong for her size but at only 5'2", she is no match for a full grown man.)

Now that she is safe and the worry is gone, the only emotion left is disgust -- disgust at her choices, disgust at all the wasted potential, disgust at the impotence of all the years of treatment.

susiestar

Roll With It
I hope that at some point in her life she does develop the maturity to use the tools she has been given in all the years of treatment and therapy. It just takes quite a while for some people to get to the point where they are able to use them. I understand the disgust you feel completely. (((((hugs)))))

buddy

Three docs all at different clinics ( psychiatrist ,psychologist, and neurologist ) all have said it is worth adding therapies etc and even if it doesnt show results now it may be influencing the developing brain and when the frontal lobe and rest of the brain are mostly done cooking they can use the skills and info better. I hope its true. I do think much of the treatment for some of our kids will be proactive management ( group or supported living, guardianship, etc. )

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Glad she's back where she belongs, JJJ. Now that she is, rest easy this weekend. She's still so young and, pardon me, stupid, but in time I think she will get it and realize that's no way to live her life. Hugs.

JJJ

Sadly, I think things would have to go very, very wrong for her before she has any motivation to change. I imagine that this "successful" run will just lead to more. She was able to find food, shelter and sex--why does she need the Residential Treatment Center (RTC)? I'm sure she went back for her clothes and stuff but I think we have very little chance of her staying past her 18th birthday and I'd prediect 3-4 runs in the 6 months until then.