Starbucks Molasses Ginger cookies

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Yum. I have always loved them and I found the recipe - thought I'd share. Kills my diet but hey, the recipe ONLY makes 12 GIANT cookies which everyone has gobbled down.

2 1/4 C Flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger

3/4 C unsalted softened butter (I used regular salted butter)
1 C dark brown sugar
1 Large egg
1/4 regular unsulphured molassess (blackstrap is too strong)

granulated sugar
non-stick vegetable oil spray (optional for coating the scoop)

Heat oven to 375F degrees with rack in center. Line 2 baking sheets with aluminum foil and grease foil with butter or vegetable shortening.

Sift flour, baking soda, salt and cinn & ginger into a medication bowl, set aside.

Cream the butter & brown sugar in a large mixing bowl on HIGH until light and fluffy. With mixer on medium speed, beat in egg and molasses, and then mix back on HIGH until the mixture no longer looks curdled and is smoother. Scrape sides of bowl often.

Add in flour mixture on low speed - the batter will be rather stiff.

Place some granulated sugar on a plate or small bowl.

Use a 1/4 C measurer or ice cream scooper with the non-stick spray to form 1/4 C portions of dough.

Transfer to your hands and roll into a large ball. Roll each portion into the sugar and place 6 rolled sugared coated balls onto each sheet., spacing them evenly (they will spread during baking).

Dampen your fingers a little and press gently down on each ball to flatten it a little and dampen the top. Refrigerate one baking sheet while the other bakes.

Bake for 12 minutes or until the cookies have spread and are firm to the touch. Rotate the sheet 180 degrees halfway through baking!!

Remove from oven and let cookies cool on baking sheet. Makes one dozen cookies.

I am addicted to these cookies and so psyched I can make them at home!

Star*

call 911........call 911
GHEEZE LOUISE -

CAN WE GET A MODERATOR TO MOVE THIS OVER TO HEALTHFUL LIVING PUHLEASE......

(I so do NOT want to be alone in sinful baking)