Started my golf league.....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
this past Thursday afternoon. I was delighted to be doing something "normal"; something that I truly loved again.

I was in a solo cart for the disabled - the seat helped me stand & kept me standing (not good in the balance department). I spent a good hour with the PT working on a new swing to compensate for my balance issues & the cart holding me up. After 10 or so hits, I felt my swing coming back to life. PT & another volunteer told me, that if they didn't know about my break in golf after almost 3 years, they wouldn't be able to tell. I was hitting balls out 150 + yards.

It felt good to be out in the sun & hitting balls. After that PT took me & another gentleman (double amputee) from the league out to play one hole. I hit the green in one shot (par 3 hole). Putted in one.

After that, I was exhausted ~ PT assured me by mid season I would be playing 9 holes. I have to get my clubs modified to accomodate the solo cart & my new "stance". My dad promised me that if I did well he would take my mother's set of clubs & have them modified for me. (Such an honor to be using my mom's golf clubs".

I'm pumped for next Thursday ~ really pumped. I hope to find another volunteer or friend (my niece is trying to get her schedule changed) to golf with me. A disabled person needs someone to help set the balls on the tee & other such things. Not a big thing, just something needed so I don't fall on my face.

See you all on the links, ladies. I'm ready for a CD board golf get together.

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
How absolutely wonderful, Linda. Something you love and can look forward to. I'm thrilled for you! :bravo:

Suz

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
The hardest part was dealing with the strap that held me onto the seat. It kept pulling my pants down ~ it could have been real ugly at one point (the PT ran up behind me & grabbed my pants that were creeping down). I guess I'm losing some weight & will have to invest in new capris.

This league may just keep me sane. I pray to god that is the case.

totoro

Mom? What's a difficult child?
Your post brought made smile! That is so nice.
I am sure you can kick most of our butts!
I would go with you anyway! You can teach me how to actually hit the ball straight!

So very happy for you! The one thing I love when I ever do go out, is the amount of birds on most golf courses.

mstang67chic

Going Green
The hardest part was dealing with the strap that held me onto the seat. It kept pulling my pants down ~ it could have been real ugly at one point (the PT ran up behind me & grabbed my pants that were creeping down). I guess I'm losing some weight & will have to invest in new capris.

:rofl: :rofl: Funny.....I don't remember THAT scene in Caddyshack.

That's so great Linda! I'm sure it feels beyond wonderful getting back out there! Wooo Hooo!

I'm not a golfer but if you guys do a golf get-together, I'll volunteer to drive a cart. I did for husband once but for some reason he won't let me do that again. I don't know why he's being such a weenie....I had fun! :bigsmile:

Andy

Since Mstang called the cart driving position first, what can I do? I better not go with or I may try to take away Mstang's job - may cause a fight to rival the siblings in our household. Hmmm - I know :smug: - I will set up the buffet for afterwards. Drinks and food for the hungry thirsty tired golfers!

Andy

O.K. I get to drive the beveridge cart. I don't know anything about golf. You and I can have races!

:crazydriver:

Wonder who will have the smaller cart? Yours with ALL the golfers or me with ALL the beveridges?

:rofl: