Started therapy again with wm....

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
I'm finally back in therapy with wm. I attended a session this past Thursday morning. It was a happy session as I brought Sally the wonder dog. wm has been dying to see the old girl. (Sally didn't tolerate the ride well & ended up snarfing on the back porch when we got home).

I saved many momentos that husband had on his desk & wm admired; I delivered husband's tackle box (Integrated Listening Systems (ILS) worker & wm go fishing right now) plus a few little "toys" that husband kept on his desk to wm.

He was beyond ecstatic to see some of husband's things & to know they were now his. "Mom, I promise to take good care of dad's things ~ he would want me to take care of these things."

Sally recognized wm immediately & wm got down on the floor to administer his famous doggy belly rub. The scene brought tears to my eyes. therapist took pictures for me to put in my family album.

All in all a good session ~ mostly about husband & the good times we all had together as a family. Lots of laughter & tears.

crazymama30

Oh that just sounds wonderful. I am so glad you and wm are able to get together more, and hope it continues. It is so nice to see positive normal growth

Andy

I am so glad you had a happy day with Wm. It is good for him to have and appreciate some of his dad's items.

mrscatinthehat

Seussical
Starting off on the right foot can make all the difference. It sounds like a very good first session. I hope there are many, many more.

beth

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
It was a very positive session. I'm proud of the steps (albeit baby steps) that wm has taken. He seems to be heading in the right direction.

AND wm is now about 2 inches taller than I am & still growing. The boy has a hollow leg. I'm hoping to take him out to lunch Friday.

Linda,

They sprout up so quickly!!! I used to be able to try on pants for difficult child 1. If they were long enough on me, they would fit him too. I remember when he first began to grow. His hands and feet were too big for his body - sort of like the way a puppy's paws are. Then, one day, I don't know how it happened, I realized he was over a foot taller than me!!! (If I want to talk seriously with him, he knows he needs to sit down.)

I hope you get to take wm to lunch on Friday. WFEN