starting 2012 on a good note...

ksm

Would you believe that difficult child is on her first "real" overnight with a friend? We have invited friends over occassionally in the past - but I think this is the first real sleep over she has ever been invited too! Younger sister verified that this was a "nice" girl. Little sis is much better at selecting appropriate friends. The nice thing about this friend - is she lives three blocks away.

difficult child is usually charming in the presence of others (if we aren't around) so I do believe it will go well. Yea!! KSM

ksm

That is great! I hope that she had a fun time.

She had a good time... and we had a better time while she was gone... (no arguments!!). She was home by 11am and I think 90% of what she says is negative. "where is the white bread that isn't cold?" (I had thawed out a loaf of bread) I said the wheat bread is room temp... "You know I hate wheat bread" "stop singing, it is annoying" "don't offer me potato salad, you know I can't eat it because it has onions in it" and on... and on... and on... I wish I could record her and make her sit and watch it for two hours. I hope she isn't that negative at school! Speaking of school... they go back tomorrow!! KSM

InsaneCdn

Lets see... first sleep over? or really, any sleep over?
equals... no sleep, or at least not nearly enough sleep.

Which means... what else do you expect?
She'll get over it - she just needs... order, consistency, sleep, etc. - all the stuff she fights against...

Thanks for reminding me of my list of reasons for saying "no sleepovers".

ksm

Lets see... first sleep over? or really, any sleep over? She'll get over it - she just needs... order, consistency, sleep, etc. - all the stuff she fights against...Thanks for reminding me of my list of reasons for saying "no sleepovers".

With or without sleep - she is VERY negative. She complains about the selection of foods for supper. Even if it has been her favorite dish she will say, but it's just not what I wanted today. She complains about what shows are or aren't on tv. Complains about teachers giving homework, complains that she can't write with a green pen - because the teacher only takes blue or black, etc.

While she was gone, the other two girls didn't have one cross word... KSM

InsaneCdn

Ummm... this was a nice positive post - didn't mean to spoil it.
Wanna switch gears here? or start a new thread? or go PM?
'cause... I used to have a mega-nega...

buddy

Well you have your same difficult child with a baby step into having a more typical social life. That IS good news and a great way to start the year. High five to difficult child! (and a pretend kick in the pants over the complaints, lol)