State insurance in IN?


New Member
Hello: I found this site to get help with my own difficult child, but my question is regarding my 28 year old brother-in-law who has just been diagnosed with bipolar and I believe he was diagnosed and treated for ADD when he was younger. Anyway, they live in Indiana and he has no health insurance. I was wondering if anyone knows if maybe he would be eligible for some state insurance because of his new diagnosis?

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated! I know there are lots of awesome parents on this site with tons of knowledge and experience with this type of thing so...thank you in advance!


Going Green
I am also looking into state insurance for my difficult child for when he turns 18 in less than a year. Here in Indiana, it doesn't sound like just having a diagnosis of BiPolar is enough. I think (and don't quote me on this as I am just getting into it myself) that there has to be a lot of evidence or testimony that it is severe enough to seriously impede his life. That could be for disability and not just insurance but, again, I'm not sure. If he gets counseling or services somewhere, he may want to ask if there is anyone on staff that can help him wade his way through all of the processes to see what he can qualify for. Good luck!