Staying alive for Christmas

TerryJ2

Don't know if you read the story about the guy in Calif who went to cut a Christmas tree with-his kids. They got lost in the snow for 3 days and they were pretty much goners. The dad had to constantly reassure his kids they were going to make it. This is my favorite part (I would have given in and told!)--

"I said, 'Son, I would tell you what I bought you for Christmas if I thought we weren't going to make it,"' Dominguez recalled. "My kids were relying on me, and I'm scared, but you can't tell them you're scared."

I did see that story. The dad was very smart and resourceful about surviving -- well, except for getting lost in the first place. He found shelter, stayed put instead of wandering off (remember the family stranded in Oregon last year, where the dad went to find help and died?), didn't eat snow for water (which will bring on hypothermia), and kept everybody's spirits up, which is the most important thing of all -- despair is a killer.

Here is a link to the story: Man lost in snow stayed strong for kids

TerryJ2

The dad was very smart and resourceful about surviving -- well, except for getting lost in the first place.

LOL! Yup.
Thanks for the link.