Still don't know if she's going in to marines...

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
She is off and has all 2 items with her. A success today. Celebrate today take to Moore when it comes. Your a wonderful support.

I hope she sticks it out and has some stability and success.

ksm

Ugghh. She said she would call last night from the hotel. They had to leave their phones with parents before they left. The recruiter said that calls from the hotel room was free. They had to be in the hotel by 8pm.

No call. I know they got a wake up call at 4 am, get on shuttle by 5 am, go to MEPS and start processing. Tonight, when they arrive in S,C. They let them make one call, read a statement that they have arrived, then hang up. No two way communication. She said she would call us...as she didn't want to wake up her dad. The call might happen from 10pm to 2am.

Then the only communication for the next 90 days is by letters.

I hope she gets thru today's processing...

ksm

She made it thru MEPS...was flying to Atlanta. Managed to call from airport in OKC that their flight was delayed...so will probably miss their connecting flight. Luckily she is traveling with another female recruit. Hopefully it will work out. Or the airline will provide lodging and meal vouchers...

Once on base she is allowed to call home and read a short statement that she is there.

Ksm

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
Save those letters. Of all the things I lost when we took on 5' of water in the basement in '95, it was my husband's letters from his time in the Army that broke my heart the worst.

Nowadays, if she makes it through training, at some point she'll have access to e-mail, etc.

In our day, it was phone from bases stateside if not on field exercises, and if deployed, on very rare occasions, we might be able to talk for a few minutes over a MARS radio to telephone connection. So letters were treasured, and mail-call was the high point of every serviceperson's day.