Still hanging in there

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
I'm so sorry Beta.

I continually pray for my own son. I constantly have to remind myself that God does not act on OUR time. It is so very frustrating when we want things to be different. We want it to be NOW.

Keep praying because He hears you.

I visited a women's addiction center last night with my women's church group. We brought cookies and hot chocolate for them. I was scared in many ways and it was so out of my comfort zone.

I had been to many facilities like this when our son was in similar programs, only the last one that was truly completely faith based although they all used the 12 steps that he had little interest in. I told my son that I was doing this in honor of him. I remember him talking about kind people that he met when he was in his program in Memphis and I wanted to repay this to the universe and of course to serve with our church.

I met a young women that said she was the daughter of a woman that works at our steel mill. She is in the "graduate house". They are able to stay on for a time for accountability.

Our group leader spoke to the women and told her own story about how one of her son's had gotten a DUI and what it was like to go to the police station sad and confused and mad. Her other son was dealing drugs at the same time.

She said that she had to work hard to find her JOY that we are promised as believers and knew that God had a plan for both of her sons and that is what kept her going. For those of us that believe I think that we can find some comfort in that.