Still here just a new Avitar.

Littleboylost

Long road but the path ahead holds hope.
I put up a new Avitar. My 2 Fur Babies, Missy is the white one lasso Apso and Maltese mix (we think). And Charlie is the dark one AkA Charles Chuckle Bottoms the first. His but looks like a baboon but....was called funny bum and it morphed to Chuckle Bottms from there. They are both rescues. We have had Charlie since he was six months. He is a Pug Boarder Terrior mix. Missy came to us in a bad state 4 years ago from a puppy mill. She was so thin and ill euthanasia was not off the table. We were to foster her but Chuck fell in love with her. So we had to keep her. She lived under our couch for the first 3 months we had her. You would not know that now she is a sassy little thing. They are both now 8 years old. Such a comfort! Unconditional LOVE!

mof

Momdidntsignupforthis
I for one love fur babies!! So cute!

I also believe that ours keep us sane, the love the cuddles, and they are always grateful!

I'm cycling through sad and panicky days to I can't care anymore.

I think of you and the other warriors out there, and the fact that life is so much more than my one, so much more to enjoy and others to love to make a difference.

Hugs, and a good scratch to those cuties!

Littleboylost

I also believe that ours keep us sane, the love the cuddles, and they are always grateful!
Thanks mof and I hear you. They are the only reason I can bear to come home some days and certainly were what made me get up some days as well. They should each have a cape ....my little heros.

susiestar

Roll With It
They are so beautiful!!! You are so loved by them - it shows in the photo!

Rescuing furbabies is so rewarding, isn't it? You get the best pets out of it, though it is a bit of work at first! My parents had one cat that my brother found all mangled on a construction site. He took it to the vet school and couldn't afford the thousands they wanted to fix it, so he said to put it down. Then they gave a much lower fee if we would adopt it when they were done. He was living with my parents, who had a cat, but my dad said yes. That poor cat was in awful shape and spent months recovering. He was always the sweetest cat though! He was so young, and spent most of his time with my brother's puppy, so he learned a lot of puppy behaviors. I called him my puppy cat for the rest of his life.

The vet school realized who my brother was related to the next day. When one of the cats has to stay at the vet's, my mother makes homemade chicken broth and takes it to them at least twice a day. She has done this for decades. It drives some of the vets nuts, but most of them like it. She started because my dad's all time favorite cat got really sick when he first came to live with us. He had been feral, living with a possum. He had just started to act like a cat and stop hissing like a possum. He had finally calmed down enough that I trusted him around baby Wiz (just crawling and pulling up). The cat was at the vet school because our vet couldn't handle how sick he was. Poor kitty wouldn't eat anything they offered and they were getting frantic at the school. So my mom did what moms do. She made chicken soup. For the cat. She fed it to him with a syringe at first, to make him eat. It worked. That cat lived to what we figured was almost 18. And he got chicken soup every time he got sick.

Even the grandkids might get chicken soup from a can, but that cat got homemade chicken soup every single time! Of course, none of us ever brought my mom or dad a mouse in our mouths either.

Furbabies are the bestest things ever! Yours are beautiful!

Littleboylost

They are so beautiful!!! You are so loved by them - it shows in the photo!

Rescuing furbabies is so rewarding, isn't it? You get the best pets out of it, though it is a bit of work at first! My parents had one cat that my brother found all mangled on a construction site. He took it to the vet school and couldn't afford the thousands they wanted to fix it, so he said to put it down. Then they gave a much lower fee if we would adopt it when they were done. He was living with my parents, who had a cat, but my dad said yes. That poor cat was in awful shape and spent months recovering. He was always the sweetest cat though! He was so young, and spent most of his time with my brother's puppy, so he learned a lot of puppy behaviors. I called him my puppy cat for the rest of his life.

The vet school realized who my brother was related to the next day. When one of the cats has to stay at the vet's, my mother makes homemade chicken broth and takes it to them at least twice a day. She has done this for decades. It drives some of the vets nuts, but most of them like it. She started because my dad's all time favorite cat got really sick when he first came to live with us. He had been feral, living with a possum. He had just started to act like a cat and stop hissing like a possum. He had finally calmed down enough that I trusted him around baby Wiz (just crawling and pulling up). The cat was at the vet school because our vet couldn't handle how sick he was. Poor kitty wouldn't eat anything they offered and they were getting frantic at the school. So my mom did what moms do. She made chicken soup. For the cat. She fed it to him with a syringe at first, to make him eat. It worked. That cat lived to what we figured was almost 18. And he got chicken soup every time he got sick.

Even the grandkids might get chicken soup from a can, but that cat got homemade chicken soup every single time! Of course, none of us ever brought my mom or dad a mouse in our mouths either.

Furbabies are the bestest things ever! Yours are beautiful!
Awww so so seeet. We had a rescue car dog too but he passed last year and he was the best. You are right.

BusynMember

LBL, dogs are my favoriteliving creatures. Your furbabies are so cute. They are the best friends, arent they? So kind and loving.

I.had a car accident in 2015 and the whole time Iwas in the hospital I worriedabout andlonged for my two doggies (avator). I thought about how scared they must be because I was gone and husband was always with me.

I swear once I got home, they helped me heal.

Dogs are wonderful animals.

RN0441

100% better than I was but not at 100% yet
Aww so cute!

I have a Yorkie (Sammy who is 10) and a Morkie (Charlie who is 7). Charlie is smaller but he is the boss.

A lady I used to work with said "I need to smell a puppy's breath" once when she had a bad day at work.

I laughed so hard at that but now at times I find myself needing to "smell a puppy's breath" too!