Still looking at residential

FlowerGarden

What was her reaction when the dr told her the state could get involved if she refuses any of the new schools? I can understand your wife being stressed by the fact your daughter doesn't come out of her room for the home schooling. Do you think she will come out for them if you are home? Our district didn't have many teachers that do home schooling so we were limited with times they could come. I hope you have better luck than we did. The friends she gets on the computer with so early in the morning, are they from her school? I hope you and your wife do get some time out alone to try to get away from the stress.

Drew64

I am trying to re arrange the schedule. She comes at most of the time for me. Sometimes not. The kids online not from her school. Some from different states.

BusynMember

Why don't you block her access to her computer? If I knew my kid was texting strange people she would not own any electronics. Period. It's a pretty simple fix. I don't understand why she is still allowed to be alone with her electronics at home. My older daughter once made plans to run off with some guy and if I hadn't found out first she would have done it and we wouldn't have known what she had planned or where she was. That was the end of her having a computer in her room. Back then most kids didn't have cell phones and that certainly made us resolve not to buy one. Your daughter can use a landline. It's worth signing up for Magic Jack to keep her offline. She is using electronics in a dangerous way and to me the simple answer is to stop her use of them.

Your wife probably also needs help. She is suffering too; I know that. But she either has to learn not to take everything Daughter says so personally or she will spend her entire life maybe feeling badly. Sometimes kids like this are always mean. Sometimes they change with age. But until she does, your wife needs coping skills (I had to go to therapy too). It is no fun for your child to be rude to you. Therapy does validate and help.

Good luck!

FlowerGarden

I fear a problem....if you are in NJ, and she is getting online at 4:30 AM to talk to friends in other states before they go to school, think about the time difference. Are all these friends that are in other states just on the east coast? Otherwise, I can't see other kids getting up earlier than her to talk online. Honestly, I can't picture many teens getting up at 4:30 to be online. Most teens want to sleep as late as possible before going off to school.