still no word

rejectedmom

Neither the PO not the prison SW are returning my calls. I'm not sure what my next step is going to be. Do I ask difficult child to sign papers so they HAVE to speak to me or let it be? Maybe I'll ask husband to visit difficult child this weekend and see if he can find out anything. I am hoping difficult child is working with a councelor who is helping him come up with a good plan. -RM

DDD

The stonewalling of officials drives me nut. As you likely
recall, my kid end up with a felony conviction because "the
system" only deals with "the adult"...so...I couldn't get
any response from the public defender etc. A friend has an
"adult" son who is not getting medication. She is an RN and
the medical people at the jail just tell her "we are taking
good care of X" "he is getting his medications". Neither is true!

I'm sorry you have to go through this. The stress is just
too great........and unnecessary. Hugs. DDD

susanga

Hi,

My thoughts are with you. Dealing with any sort of 'government' is at best frustrating, especially when it is someone you care about.

My thoughts are with you.

Susan

O

OTE

Repeat the serenity prayer to yourself over and over. You cannot control this. You know there's a therapist of some kind there to talk to him. Give it some months, not days. I know it's not easy but you do need to let go a bit for your own sanity.

rejectedmom

Thank you all, I am not going to think about it at all tomorrow. I have a different hard thing to deal with then. I won't be much good for anything else for the rest of the day. -RM

kris

<font color="blue">RM, maybe this is the goddess's way to kind of force the issue for you ~~~ this letting/forcing difficult child to deal with-his own messes & to get you to take the biggest step toward detaching.

maybe he shouldn't sign the realease.

just a thought.

kris

</font>

KFld

Sometimes our not being able to be involved in certain situations can be a godsend, though I'm sure this must be so frustrating for you at this time. He is 19, so maybe it's time to let him and the others figure out what is best and for you to step back and leave it in gods hands.

timer lady

Queen of Hearts
RM

Having no word may just be the answer. That this is now in difficult child's lap, as sad as that is with his issues.

As parents we nurture, teach, push & prod toward independence & accountability. Most of our difficult children take longer than what society would demand. Unfortunately, society isn't going to accomodate our GsFGs delays. I hate that.

Praying you find something out & that you find some peace in this situation. :smile: