Stock question

stepmonster

Okay, I know, this is off the wall!!!
I'm looking for stock prices of Chase-Manhattan stock in the 1960's. I keep running into a "subscribe now" thingy.
Anyone have any ideas?

tiredmommy

I have no idea where to find this, if it exists, on the web. I tried googling and found nothing relevant. You could try contacting Chase or the NYSE directly or perhaps even a university with a business college. Another thought would be to look it up in the newspapers your local library has on microfiche.

susiestar

Roll With It
Check out this ebay listing: 120161285416

It is for a Chase Manhattan stock certificate.

I put Chase Manhattan bank stock prices 1960 into google. This is the 1st link that came up.

Hope it helps.

Susie

Star*

call 911........call 911
Ohhhhhh (groan) when you said STOCK question I thought you meant "How do you _____ a difficult child"

A call to a local (yellow pages)stock broker would be able to look that up for you. Especially if you were interested in investing in something. If not make that clear, but ask anyway.

Are you trying to find out what the stock cost in 1960 to see how much it's worth now?

Are we rich?

Fingers crossed for you.

stepmonster

Well, my Dad wants to disperse his assets. He's 86 now. He bought some of Chase Manahattan wayyyy back in the day. He needs to establish what the capital gain is for when he cashes it in and files his quarterlies.
Not alot rich, but five figures!!!!!

donna723

Well, I don't know diddly squat about stocks because anything pertaining to money does NOT apply to me!

But I DID work for a large big-city newspaper for seventeen years and I know they should have some way for you look up what was on the financial pages back in the 60's - if they were in business and publishing that long ago. Newspapers ALWAYS have back copies. If they don't have the actual copies of the papers, they will have copies of the pages on microfilm. It's worth a try, but I would be very surprised if they DIDN'T have it! And if one newspaper doesn't have it, try another one - the stock prices would have been the same in all of them!