Storm Updates

susiestar

Roll With It
Seems like we are supposed to get a huge storm tonight across much of the country. It is strange here right now because the sun is shining very brightly and most of the snow is melted from last week.

Our schools are already closed anyway!! I was astonished to realize that even the University is closed for tomorrow already!! The idiot University athletics refused to cancel the basketball game tomorrow even though all other University activities are cancelled. Instead they made the game FREE!!

i would have thought that they would learn their lesson last week - they did the same thing. They brought in staff figuring that maybe 1,000-2,000 people would show up and instead they had 8,000 people!!! husband got word from the staffing company that again they are only putting a skeleton crew on, so they game will be a big mess again. You would think they would learn.

I am glad for the school closing tomorrow. thank you's spelling bee was supposed to be tomorrow and he has a nasty cold. He felt really yucky this morning and was very worried about the spelling bee tomorrow. It has, of course, been cancelled so he doesn't have to worry. Whew! Plus our school worked it out to cancel the early release days to make up the snow days so that we may escape adding days at the end of the year.

Anyway, how are all of you doing? Are your schools closing for tomorrow? How about your jobs? Check in as the storms start and let us know you are OK.

Last edited:

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Once upon a time I lived in Tulsa during "the worst winter in 20 years" (10 years ago). It hoovered. I drove in it because to me it was nothing - till they put the sand down...

I'll take some of your snow up here, IF they close stuff. I need the sleep...

muttmeister

It's been snowing here all day and this has been the coldest day of the winter so far (high of 2 and wind chills around minus 40) but it is supposed to be 50 degrees here by Sunday. I sure hope they know what they are talking about!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
We got an inch here yesterday..........I think it was yesterday........pretty sure it was yesterday. All this snow is running together. ugh No clue if there is more to come. I've stopped looking. I don't wanna know. lol

muttmeister

It is supposed to be 50 here by the weekend. The weatherman on TV said he thought this was the start of a warming trend and that we may be done with the worst of the winter weather. I hope he knows what he is talking about.
Of course, he did mention that the record for March here is 27 below 0 so I think I'd better not get too excited this soon.

susiestar

Roll With It
It was 45 here on Saturday, and we had 2 inches of snow last night. Not sure if school is open tomorrow or not. They try to cancel the night before so parents can set up daycare and daycares can get enough people in to handle the extra kids. I am glad because it saves thank you from another day of being absent as he was still miserable this morning and didn't sleep last night. Jess is making him clean and even guilted husband into cleaning = wish I knew how she did it.

The weather changes have given me a hgue headache. Thankfully I had husband get the real sudafed from the pharmacy yesterday. Otherwise I would be crying right now instead of fighting it off. I HATE changing weather. My dad gets headaches wehn storms come in. My mom gets them when they leave. My bro never gets them and I get then when storms come in AND when they leave. Ack.