Strange/Good Weekend

meowbunny

Well, I finally got my mother's day "breakfast." Except it was "lunch" (at 4:00 pm) last Thursday. She came over, brought me flowers, a book she thought I'd like, a sub with all the things I liked on it, Ruffles, cherries and key lime pie. It was really sweet. She also brought her new boy friend. The three of us ate and then they had to run because he was late for work and I had a meeting I couldn't miss.

She also came over on Sunday (again with new boyfriend) after church. We had a nice day. They left and I went about taking care of some animals as part of my business. At 1:00 a.m., I get a call and she asks if she can stay at my place. She'd had a fight with her roomie. Turns out she's had several fights with her roomie in the 6 weeks they've lived together. Last night, he brought home a strange girl and my daughter decided she wasn't comfortable and wanted to leave.

Anyway, she stayed overnight and we had a great day together today. We rode around in a friend's golf cart, saw some baby bison, walked around the square, had dinner together. It was just a nice day. The kind other mothers take for granted and we cherish.

I'll post the bad parts of the last few days in another post on another day. For now, I just want to cherish the good. It may have been late, but I think I got my mother's day day today.

F

flutterbee

I'm so happy to read this.

These are the memories that will be cherished.

So Tired

I'm so happy for you! I understand what you mean. Normal moments are the un-normal for us. I'm glad she was able to be thoughtful and giving to you. It seems like she really thought about what you would like...When these moments happen it gives me hope for a future that is not a constant battle. Sometimes I am even uncomfortable and don't know how to react to these little glimmers of hope. It is like I am afraid to hope too much. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the day and accept it for what it was, a special gift, a day to remember in the tough times....

Star*

call 911........call 911
Bunny britches,

THAT was the nicest post! I am truly happy for you. I have to ask though, WHERE did you see a baby bison?

We drove across the plains on our way home from ND and stopped to see the all mighty and majestic (yet very smelly) Bison roaming free. I got out walked to the edge of the field, couldn't get a good shot - moved closer and swear I was nearly 1/4 mile away when DF saw the dirt flying off a hoof and yelled - RUN - GET. IN. THE. VAN.!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had NO idea buffalo were THAT fast. And I mean WOW!!!!!!!

I got my picture but it looks like a blob of brown wool. I have not mastered the art of sprinting and photography together.

meowbunny

I live in a retirement community that actually has bison (but they call them buffalo) in various pastures here. Nice write-off for the developer. Sadly, they're going to be moved because of some lawsuits, so this was last chance to see them. They do move quickly -- especially if they think you might have a carrot for them. But the babies are being born right now and they're just adorable!

chrisdog01

Wow, sounds like you had a nice time. It is really important to focus on the good times. But as sotired said sometimes it makes us uncomfortable with that glimmer of hope. I'm glad that you can seperate the good and bad (I wish I was at that point).

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
MB, I'm so happy for you. What a delightful set of visits. Very, very nice. Good for her!

(I've always found that to be one of the most frustrating things about Reactive Attachment Disorder (RAD) kids------they are their usual self most of the time which is not a compliment, then have these moments of clarity and understanding of what love is all about so we keep hoping!---they then they are their usual self again. I'm sure you know what I mean)

Regardless, I love that she had one of those moments of clarity.

Suz

meowbunny

Suz, I understand perfectly. It wasn't a perfect time -- there were enough hints about how miserable she was to fill a few baskets. I just made nice clucking noises and let her know I was here when she needed to vent or spend the night on occasion.

I learned a long time ago to treasure the little moments. To have had it last over a two-day period is a small miracle. To have the two days PLUS the mother's day hour is a major miracle. I would have said it was an impossibility last week. So, these are days that will stay in my mind forever and always bring a special "mommy smile" to my face when I think of them.