Strange Medical Question

susiestar

Roll With It
I think I am like Janet, always having atypical medical things come up. I have been struggling with nausea for a couple of weeks, and with migraines. They are linked, and not really the question.

I am noticing that wehn I throw up my skin burns. From my waist up to my face, it is a sharp, stinging, burning sensation. No vomit touches my skin, but it is like the nerves just freak out.

Has anyone else ever experienced this? I am just noticing it but I think it has been happening for the last year or so in increasing intensity. Usually I am so miserable that I don't remember much except that I got sick, but the burning is so bad now that I really remember it.

It stops when I stop heaving, and is worse when I am heaving but not between, if that explains it right. It is literally my entire torso, neck and face that burn, front and back. I don't know if they actually look red because I didn't have glasses on or lights on, just a nightlight.

Thanks, doctors Mom!

DammitJanet

Mine does too but I dont throw up often so it isnt such a pain in the butt for me. But yes, my skin burns like crazy...especially face, neck and arms. Mine is worse from boob area up. I think its the nerve endings getting pushed outward from the effort of heaving.

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry you both have it too. I was afraid it was the nerves or something. it is yet another reason I fight throwing up like crazy. I hate migraines. and nerves. Thanks for answering my question. husband looked at me like I had three heads and an extra elbow on each arm.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Think that might be that everyone experiences it, just as a different sensation. I mean, people don't taste orange juice the same, right? Or everyone would either like it or dislike it.

When I was younger, it was what I now know a hot flash to feel like. Now, it's like someone jabbing me with white-hot pins and needles. It hoovers.

husband describes it as body temp going up. Onyxx gets red spots all over and says they itch, but they're gone almost immediately, so they can't really be hives. Jett doesn't know.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
mine I describe as the skin crawlies thing, but yeah not as severe but probably pretty much the same sensation. And the cause is probably what's been mentioned......would make sense I suppose.

Bad enough to be getting sick......worse yet to have this along with it. ugh

hugs

M

Mamaof5

http://www.healthline.com/adamcontent/beriberi

Obviously (only the second dual symptoms disease or injury is marine animal stings according to health line, only two results for what you described) you weren't stung by a marine animal. So the logical explanation with my search on healthline.com was beriberi...a deficiency in thiamine or Vit B1. You should get your Vit B levels checked.

M

Mamaof5

Okay, should have read it first...It could be the beginning stages of beriberi...lol end stages are psychosis, nervous system failure and cardiac failure. It is an idea though to look at. Rather, a possibility to look at.

susiestar

Roll With It
Mama, if those things happen I will get it checked. My docs tend to check all the vitamin levels fairly often because the Vit D problems - they want to make sure that I don't develop problems with other vitamins also. So I am pretty comfortable that this is NOT beriberi. The nausea is because of the migraines and if they are caused by beriberi then I have had it since age 4 because they have been a problem since then. Thanks for thinking of me though!

Josie

Susie, my daughter has a Prima Bella bracelet for her nausea. I think it is fairly new and I know it is mostly used for morning sickness. Her nausea is due to headache, too, and this seems to help her. It is a bracelet that sends a pulse to the nausea center of the brain and is safe enough for pregnant women.

I know you have probably tried a lot of things, but thought this might be a new idea for you. Not that this answers your real question, but maybe it would work to prevent that from happening.

trinityroyal

Gosh! And here I thought I was the only one. I never realized it was something unusual. I just assumed that everyone else felt that sensation when they vomited too. It's almost as though the electrical impulses travelling along the nerves are intensified, causing millions of tiny little shocks. I wonder if there's any merit to that. Vomiting is like a full-body muscle spasm, so there may be a lot of extra nerve activity...