Strange thing happened at 3:30 a.m. ish...

buddy

I woke around that time and sat up to arrange my pillows and when I put my left hand down, my ring finger snapped back. I heard a loud pop and pain and the top half above my knuckle popped out and then popped back in. A little body part, so much pain... yikes. I quickly thought to get my ring off in case it swelled up. Then I thought I better go get some ice so went downstairs and on the way started to see stars. I tried to get to my couch but must have lost my way. I woke on the floor by my dining room table. I just stayed there for a while, then got some applesauce and water and the ice. Now, my finger still hurts a little but I am typing this two handed and feel fine. I think I just got very creeped out by the thought of what happened along with the sound and sudden intense pain. All okey dokey now though.

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Buddy--

I think I missed a part of this story...

How did you end up on the floor? Did you pass out? fall off the couch? trip and fall? ....?

buddy

Well, i guess I must have passed out. I remember thinking I wanted to get to the couch fast but couldn't see it by then. Next thing, I was waking on the floor about 9 feet from the couch by my dining room table (It is one room/split dining living room). I am totally fine...just think I was freaked out.

Nancy

I'm no medical expert but when your body experiences extreme pain your blood pressure drops and you feel faint. I wonder if that is what happened. Glad you are better now but ouch!

Nancy

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
What Nancy said - ditto. I think I'd just need to hear that from a Dr or nurse (a phone call would do it!).

In any case, glad you're feeling better.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
Buddy, weren't you having other blood pressure symptoms / issues ?? Call doctor ASAP!

Even if you weren't the one having b/p issues, call doctor NOW.

Cuz we care. Cuz your nurse tells you its a very good idea. :nurse:

And he might be able to splint your finger to help it feel a bit better too.

Hugs

buddy

Oh, sorry I did follow up on the blood pressure stuff, and it has been ok. I keep checking myself too because I want to make sure. I was thinking of splinting the finger though, seems like if I dont move for a minute it starts to get stuck. It can't bend all the way down. I really popped that joint out. I am squeamish about that kind of thing, hate even knuckle cracking people do. Makes my tummy queasy so I suspect that is the culprit. I go walking with my neighbor and her hubby is a good friend and is a doctor. He always helps me for little things. I will ask him.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
I'm hoping it was just pain and squeamishness but it's best to ask about such things, get checked and make sure. difficult child needs his warrior mom in tip top shape. :)

susiestar

Roll With It
What Lisa said. It could be the pain that caused the problem, but it could be any of a number of things that are not that. What would happen if ths had happened wehn difficult child was in the house? You MUST take care of yourself because difficult child NEEDS you in good shape. All the stress of things lately could contribute, but it needs to get checked out. Stress kills.

ANY tme you lose consciousness it NEEDS to be checked out by a doctor. It is NOT a normal thing, neither is what your finger is doing. So get that doctor to check you out, PLEASE!

buddy

I have been fine since ...finger swelling is much better and I did make an appointment for a physical. The clinic I found will let me pay 50%. And make small payments. So I decided you were right. Love you all...