Stress Vent--Please add yours....

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Good Monday everyone--

I've been going through so much much stress that I've become more of a lurker here than a participant....and as I read everyone else's posts, it is obvious that so many of us are going through the same troubles right now...

First and foremost we are struggling with our difficult children and their issues--which can be over-whelming all by itself.

Then we are contending with ill health, short-term, long-term, ours or our loved-one. Exhausting!!!

So many of us are un-employed, or under-employed--searching to find work, worried about how to pay that next bill, worried about what the future may bring. So frustrating!

We are worried about our families...our spouses, our kids, our parents, our siblings etc etc etc. Every time we trun around, someone is in need of something.

Our fur-babies are giving us headaches, too! Whether it is because their youthful antics are causing trouble...or their advancing age is raising new issues. It all wears upon our heart.

So...

Here is my vent:

I am so sick and tired of all of this ****!!! What did I ever do to deserve this? When is it my turn for a break??? When will something nice finally fall into my lap? Why do I have to struggle so hard for every little thing....and then watch some SOB who doesn't deserve it get everything handed to him?

It's not fair!!! It's not fair!!!!

AARRGGHHJHJK!!!!!

Whew!!

I feel better....

OK--

Who's next???

ThreeShadows

Quid me anxia?
My turn!

Sweet revenge! When I am reincarnated I vow to chose two parents who love me, protect me and think I am the center of their world.

What did I ever do to have them treat me so badly that my low self esteem caused me to marry a depressed man, thinking that all it would take is the love of a good woman to turn him around?

Why did I deserve to be infertile while abusive teens around me were reproducing?

Why don't my kids realize that they are loved and were given soooo many opportunities to be successful?

Okay, I'm starting to feel better, whining is good...

KTMom91

I'm sick, and I hate being sick! I've been sick for so long and so often I've almost forgotten what well feels like! I slept almost all day yesterday.

Nobody does anything around here but me, and I can't keep up when I'm sick, and the mess and disorganization are overwhelming. On the rae occasions when someone decides to help, I still have to clean up after them. Miss KT did laundry yesterday, but now I have monstrous piles of clothes on the dresser that need to be folded and put away. Hubby did some dishes, he said, but the counter is still full.

Why did I agree to fix dinner for a woman at church tonight? I have the flu. My back is killing me. I don't want to go to the store for one stupid can of beans and one stupid package of cheese.

Why is my life like a never-ending yard duty? Why can't I lose weight? Why am I so tired all the time? Where does the money go?

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Why did I deserve to be infertile while abusive teens around me were reproducing?
Nobody does anything around here but me, and I can't keep up when I'm sick, and the mess and disorganization are overwhelming. On the rae occasions when someone decides to help, I still have to clean up after them. Miss KT did laundry yesterday, but now I have monstrous piles of clothes on the dresser that need to be folded and put away. Hubby did some dishes, he said, but the counter is still full.
Me too... How do I get the fun of losing the child I wanted so badly? How do I deserve this? And then how did I get to repress the memory so it comes back to haunt me later?

How do I get to raise someone else's children and help them through all of the baggage? Why do I get to be the one who pays for everything while husband is struggling to find a job and then, when he finds one, he has so many bills that I am still paying for everything?

Why is it that I get home after 9 hours at work + 30 minutes drive time (total), and I have to nag people to do their chores and homework? Why do I have to do the laundry by myself? Why won't anyone put their clothes away without being reminded? And the dishes that could go in the dishwasher - why are they in the sink?

And then I have to deal with BM because husband is at work, and feed the kids, and get them to bed, and then get them up in the morning because husband is asleep due to working so late?

Why am I the person that friends come to for advice, and then when they ignore what I tell them, or they figure it out themselves, they blame me?

Why do I get to be the person that "fixes" things?

OK, I'm done. Next!

N

Nomad

Sooo tired today....and of course, all of this is sooo much harder when tired.

I am fortunate that I have a therapist and good friends who have helped me with much of my bitterness...although it is still there...just much better.

It has been a struggle, has taken the help of others, my Higher Power and considerable hard work...but I have learned and am continuing to learn how to take a difficult situation and move forward (anyway).

Stress Vent....
Well, what continues to be frustrating for me...is foolishly dealing with "civilians" those who are CLUELESS, have no idea, will continue to have no idea and just can't possibly fathom this situation of life with a difficult child.

Step2...I will NOT tolerate friends who even attempt to blame me. I have had professors (male) who think everything is Mom's fault. I read them the riot act, as nicely and professionally as I can. I always am thrilled when I have a female professor or even better, a female professor who is a parent.

DaisyFace...
You didn't do anything to deserve this. You deserve a break each and every moment you feel you need one. More than likely, no one will hand one to you...so go out and get one as best as you are able. Take a moment and think "What makes me happy?" As long as it is morale and decent...you are staying with in good and healthy boundaries...go for it!

Honestly, this difficult child experience, is primarly a been there done that experience. However, if you have a good friend who has been with you for the long haul with- good empathetic abilities...they should at least have a fair understanding of the hardships involved.

Sigh/Sniff.

Okay...time to do something nurturing and wonderful for myself/ourselves.... pick one or two things that you need or want and GO FOR IT!

Despite these difficulties...LIFE REALLY IS GOOD!

Last edited:

Abbey

Spork Queen
Oh, Starbie looks pretty in her corner.

I could vent a truckload, but today I feel pretty good. I've only been on hold for 40 minutes to get benefits, went to work at 3am in the rain and wind, listened to a couple grouchy co-workers who don't want to try anything different, came home to H who wants to 'go do things' after I've worked a full shift...yeah, life is good. Yep - you sleep till 9am and I've been at work for 6 hours already. No, I DO NOT want to make brauts.

But my one show I like to watch is coming on in 5 minutes. Watch show...hang on hold then take a nap. Good day.

Abbey

Mattsmom277

Why do I feel like a 80 year old sick woman in a 34 year old body??
Why do I have pain every day that sucks the life blood, energy, joy out of me?
Why do I have to silently watch people who dont' even make the effort to succeed, get free government funds to go back to school while my dreams fade like yesteryears newspapers due to lack of money, although I'd actually put my all into it if only I could?
Why is my mother so ill and why on earth is it always on me to suck it up buttercup and work to help her when she doesn't bother to help herself, doesn't care what harm and pain she causes me and my children and will continue to do?
Why can't I live somewhere DRY? Why does my body react to this incessant downpour of rain as though I've been run over by a mack truck. Five times?
YUCK!

Whew! Feeling WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better truly! Thanks for the space to vent without feeling that I'm burdening S/O with my whine!

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Don't as me.....

You forgot an "s" there, Miss Donkey Diva! :tongue:

How do I vent with thee? Let me count the ways...

I vent for mine spouse who doth lack the requisite motivation for removal of his buttocks from the couch for to implement the most desirous hunt of the elusive JOB.

I vent for mine gee eff gee's for whom thought beyond the most proximal of moments is rare, nay, impossible!

I vent for the mighty clutter and disarray that plagueth mine humble abode for many a year now.

I vent for mine lack of desire and motivation to slay the eternally damnable dragon of sloth and gluttony, so cursed and vile it be.

I vent for the sheer joy of venting, forsooth.

I vent, therefore, I am, yea verily.

Pray, whom else shall vent with me, I beseech you?

flutterby

Fly away!
My son up and quit his job yesterday after having just bought a new car that my mom cosigned for.

I was up til 6am with a sick difficult child and easy child is waking me up at 8am demanding to know why difficult child isn't at school. Uh, I don't think so. Who does he think he is?

I was at the store at 2:45am buying more OTC medications for difficult child because the stuff we have isn't working because you can only get the stuff that works from behind the counter even though my doctor says you can't make meth from pseudoephedrine when it's mixed with other ingredients. I'm tired of being protected from myself with stupid laws. And in the store at 2:45am is myself and a guy yelling at the food. Seriously. All but one employee were outside on break. I just stared straight ahead and hurried through the self-checkout.

I had a headache to top all headaches and when I got up to take something, easy child was playing video games. Hear of job hunting? And that sound from the game? My head was going to fall off. I'm not sure I would have minded.

My hips and lower back are killing me - excruciating. Woke me out of a dead sleep - after I got the head under control.

The wisdom tooth I'm having pulled tomorrow started breaking apart last week. That feels really good, let me tell you. Of course, the intense clenching that I'm doing that made that stupid tooth loose to begin with hasn't helped. Stress, ya think?

I feel like I'm walking through molasses with this stupid fatigue.

easy child says he's not going to apply for "60,000 jobs right off the bat". Uh, yes you are going to apply for 60,000 jobs. Remember the economy?

And when I saw the new PT 2 weeks ago, he asked me what my stress level was. I responded a 2. Oh, how quickly things change.

And I think I'm coming down with what difficult child started with.

Then I get to look forward to a stressing out difficult child when she does get better because she will be so far behind in school.

Belize, anyone?

Next life - only pets.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
Nay, I shall ne'er indulge again the services of said "merry" witches who have brought nothing but sorrow upon my brow. They but ruined a multitude of mine own posessions last they paid visit upon this lowly hovel. Moreover they did not speak a word of their transgressions and 'twas only by mere happenstance that I discovered their true nature and treachery. I fear this fool will not soon be relieved of her slovenly housemates. 'Til then, I best turn a blind eye. :whiteflag:

Last edited:

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
A year ago this would have been a vent primarily revolving around difficult child and her antics. Thankfully for a little tool called "detachment", this is happily no longer the case.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I could vent about difficult child's room looking like a cyclone went through it, or the fact that she sleeps at her boyfriend's house more nights than she does home, or that she only lifts a helping hand when asked, but then, hey, this isn't about difficult child...hahaha. At least she lifts a helping hand when asked, I have that don't I? And at least she's still working, and at least she's been respectful towards H and me.

No, my primary stress vent would concern my job. Last September I had a major portion of my responsibilities taken from me - unceremoniously and without any REAL explanation, except the constant reassurance that it was not due to a lack of trust. Since then, I've witnessed countless errors by our bookkeeper...but you know, I have to bite my tongue because it only looks like I'm whining about not having my job. on the other hand, I could probably enter a BeJeweled contest and come out the Gand Poobah Winner of BeJeweled, I've gotten that good this past year, what, with nothing else to do, after all. I think I'm up over the 4 million mark on the timed game - not too shabby, eh?

So, more about my job. I need more money. But after reading the above paragraph one would wonder why I should get more money, right? Even me. I am overdue for a review (Jan 2009) and have asked 3 times - my boss is avoiding me. Oh, did I also mention that my boss is also my brother in law who I've known since I was 12? Yah.

Again, back to the job. My gfgnephew works there. He's collecting a nice salary for doing nothing, makes up fantastic lies to get out of the office for HOURS at a time. We're moving into a new location soon and I learned that he will no longer be in a cubicle - nope, he's getting his very own office with a closing door. So now he can hide in there playing videos and computer games (who am I to talk?) at all times without being caught. The other day I walked out of my office (I already have a door!) and noticed that he had rigged his Nintendo game up to the office projector and up on his cubible wall he was playing a Mario Brothers game of some kind. I just asked him, "Really?" and he later took it down. I mean, yeesh!

So, yeah, about my job. I have nothing to do, what I do have to do is so NON-challenging that I get bored and then I don't do it, and I'm not getting paid enough to live.

Another stress vent I have is that my H has STILL not made any further progress on our upper home addition. From the outside, it looks complete and beautiful, but on the inside, well, we're still living in a shoebox. I HATE when people ask, "My, it must be so nice to have all that added space, huh?" I just want to punch them. Or H.

And lastly, I hate that I can spend 4 hours cleaning my house spotless, breaking a major sweat, making everything so clean it practically gleams and you could probably eat off the floor (well, er, except that the dogs walk all over and lick it too, ew!) and it only takes one man (H) to ruin it all in minutes. Then when I sigh, he asks me, "What?" ARGH.

But, like Abbey, I feel pretty good today, so I will skip the vent. Hugs to everyone - we deserve it!!

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
GCV - Aye, verily, for these fair maidens simply obscureth reality. And forsooth - reality consisteth of mountains of grungy laundry, trash covereth the floor beneath our feet, and dishes pileth upon the countertops. Beloved offspring though they be, they createth disaster upon appearance. Husband, thee must become the helpmeet thou promised to be! ...To be, or not to be, that is the question...

Not so good at this! As much as I like Shakespeare, you'd think I'd be better at it. (Darn, it's another vent, I can't type like I want to today!)

Oh my. I just bribe the kids to help. And ignore the rest. Well, I try to ignore it, anyway.

'Chelle

And here I was just wondering if it would be wrong of me to post when I've mostly just been lurking for a while now. To just post I CAN'T TAKE ONE MORE THING GOING WRONG!!! And it's nothing big (today just the furnace not staying lit and having to have someone come in), just all the small things piling one on top the other - you know - that straw that's breaking my back. Yeah me the camel who's expected to carry and take care of everything. What, like the other 3 people who live in the house can't get up off their behinds and help me like I ask? Guess not. And difficult child is in school - 'nuff said on that. When is it my turn to get a break? I don't know, but today my life just feels like a giant cesspool of stinkage.

And I apologize to all those who have a LOT worse things going on than I do for this whine (and yeah I feel guilty about it when I think about those that do have worse things going wrong than I do), but I feel slightly better for it. {{SIGH}}

nuone

ROFL - was having a really shirty day too but reading this lot - well I laughed so much that my day just faded and faded away - hmmmmm pretty darn good medications guys. THANKS FOR MAKING "YOUR BAD DAY" MAKE SUCH A GOOD END TO MY SHIRTY DAY.

'Chelle

True gcvmom - you can see the elephant coming and prepare. Should have prepared myself for someone staking me to an anthill.