Stressed!

tiredmommy

Duckie is sick. Again. It's probably just a cold but I need to take her to the doctor tomorrow morning to rule out flu (she had a low grade temp a few days ago) and have them check her lungs. Our allergist couldn't see her but advised us to get her into the family doctor before we leave for Cleveland. He's concerned because her peak flow was a 230 last Friday and a 170 last night. He want's us to be sure she's not sporting a new sinus infection, bronchitis or pneumonia. Swine flu is widespread here and we need to be careful because of her asthma.

I find it very, very stressful. I know kids get sick but Duckie gets... sicker. I hope we can still leave on time for the Cleveland get-together.

I'm also stressed because I've spent the better part of the day trying to pack and tie up loose ends for the few days we plan to be gone. I finally canceled our old internet service and lost four months of emails when they disabled our email accounts. I spent a few hours I really didn't have updating various accounts to the new email address.

I've needed to light a fire under husband to get him to pitch in because he's on vacation! Tuesday cannot get here fast enough, in my humble opinion. He balked at going to the allergist's office to pick up a free sample of Duckie's medication. FREE!

Anyway, there's more otherwise inconsequential stuff but I'm going to go and put on my mouth guard now so I'll stop grinding my teeth and my jaw won't hurt tomorrow.

Have a great night.

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
((((hugs))))

I figured you could use them. I'm hoping my stress is over.

Hope Duckie starts feeling better soon. Saying a prayer it's not the swine flu.

gcvmom

Here we go again!
I can completely understand the anxiety that goes with having an asthmatic kid when they're sick. We went through similar stuff with difficult child 1 in April which was pretty bad, and then again to a milder extent in June. And the timing is NEVER good -- there's always a trip or school exams or SOMETHING that is negatively affected by it.

I'll keep my fingers crossed they can send you off with a just-in-case prescription for antibiotics in case she worsens. Just pack her peak-flow meter and all her various inhalers and plan on sticking to a clockwork dosing schedule. Maybe they can also give you some prednisolone samples to keep handy in case the numbers really tank and you need to start a burst of steroids to get things under control. At least that's what our doctor does if things are looking dicey.

Get some rest tonight!

tiredmommy

Thanks everyone. I fell asleep a little after 1am. I can find it hard to wind down once I'm stressed... it like I need everyone else to be asleep so I feel alone, Know what I mean?? Anyway, I'm running out the door to the doctor in a few minutes.

Josie

I hate to be an alarmist here, but please don't forget about her bullseye rashes a few weeks ago. I know she had antibiotics for them, but some people need more than the standard course of treatment.

My daughter's Lyme started with a low grade fever and a vague unwell feeling.

Personally, I would ask for more antibiotics, just in case, and possibly a Lyme Western Blot test. Although they are not necessarily accurate, if it is positive you would know for sure and have it documented. At least keep it in mind if she continues to not feel well.

Lothlorien

I think Fairlyoddparent gave some good advice.

I'm glad she is cleared for travel.

I know what you mean....We have a similar problem with Missy. When she gets sick, she really gets it. When she gets that cough, it can last months. Mighty Mouse had the chronic cough this spring. With this swine flu thing, it's really got me nervous with them. A local boy just died from it a few weeks ago.

tiredmommy

The good news is that Duckie and I seem to have the same little virus... I just don't have asthma. I will keep an eye on her, though, if this continues much into next week.

graceupongrace

I fell asleep a little after 1am. I can find it hard to wind down once I'm stressed... it like I need everyone else to be asleep so I feel alone, Know what I mean??

Boy, I can relate to that! I end up staying up too late just because I appreciate the peaceful time while everyone's asleep.

Hope Duckie rallies & gets well quickly!

Hound dog

Nana's are Beautiful
TM now that my kids are older...........I find I stay up later just to de-stress once they've gone to sleep.

Hope both you and Duckie feel better quickly.

Hugs