Struggling with Priorities....

WSM

My passion is historically-based works, but that's not real popular at the moment so I have been doing little watercolor pictures of animals.--DaisyF

Is that like imagining what it was like the moment Marie Antoinette was captured at Varennes and painting the scene as you see it in your imagination? OMG, that would be so cool.

Why not do what you love and just paint what you want as an escape from your daily life. Just have one such project in the background you work on a little every day or so, and then maybe you can find the dredges of inspiration for the more commercial work that you need for income on the coattails of that. Do what you love, and maybe that will give you the energy to do what you must.

I have to say, I have the opposite reaction. You wonder what's the point in art when you are dealing with difficult child. I wonder what's the point of allowing difficult child to **** the life out of me when what I really want is to write. Although I have to admit I'm living through great research these days in the meaning of life, love, loyalty, duty, relationships, morality, etc...