Stupid carpal tunnel...

KTMom91

I don't know what I've been doing differently, but my carpal tunnel is acting up again. My hands are swollen (got my wedding ring off just in time), they're tingly and numb, and I keep dropping things. The dog scored big time yesterday morning because I dropped three of the eight sausages I cooked. I was working on name tags for VBS and couldn't gather them up and get them back in their respective bags without dropping them. Hanging clothes on the line is an experience, I'm afraid to empty the dishwasher because the plates are heavy, and I love my pretty Fiestaware and don't want it broken.

And of course, I can't find my wrist braces.

Shari

IsItFridayYet?
That stinks. My one little bought with it was more than enuf to be sympathetic to anyone who has to suffer thru that on a daily basis.

Hope you can get it calmed down soon. Can you take Advil?

susiestar

Roll With It
I am sorry. Can you wear the wrist guards made for sports instead of the more expensive carpal tunnel braces until you can find your wrist braces? You might be able to find some used braces at a place like Play it Again Sports. They won't be the same but they might help. Back when they thought I had carpal tunnel it is what the ortho doctor suggested I try before investing in the more expensive braces. Ace bandages can help in a pinch also.

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
I got a $12 wrist brace at Wal-Mart - over with Ace bandages. This was when I fell and landed on my wrist about a year and a half ago. It hurt for about 6 months, but the brace really really helped. They come with a little aluminum insert, you don't have to use it.

susiestar

Roll With It
Are you getting any relief?? When mine are bad I find being on the computer is hard. If it hurts too much to type a message to us, we understand.

When my wrists hurt I find some little wrist supports I made for the computer. I used fabric and made some little rectangle shapes. I filled them with rice and lavender flowers (NOT essential oil!). I made them so they are just the right height to support my wrists while I type. I heat them in the microwave for about a minute and they seem to help quite a lot. You can also keep them in the freezer in a ziploc if cold would feel better.

Unlike the typical rice bags made for shoulders or wherever, the rectangle shape means there is a lot more height to them and they give better support with little fidgeting. I even have velcro I slap on the laptop to hold them in place - and off the touchpad!