STUPID SCHOOL SYSTEM

ok today is early release and being the wonderful mother that i am i forgot :hammer:
he rides the bus so what do they do drop him off at the end of the road :nonono:
they took him back to school and husband says he can't get there for another hour i say ok just leave him there they can deal with him :devil:
last time they had early release they didn't give him his medications because and i quote "i didn't feel like walking back up to the office" sure hope they forgot today :rofl:

when husband finally got there to pick difficult child up the assistant principle greated him with "I don't know how you didn't know" so he asked for proof of what they sent home to inform the parents today was early release they couldn't find anything and said it was the parents responsibility to keep up with it not the schools

:slap:

SRL

Our school doesn't always send out reminders of early dismissals. It's on the school calendar and the school newsletter and might show up on teacher newsletters but it's hit or miss as to whether we'd get something specific for an early dismissal or day off of school. I dropped a kindergartener to school the last day to pick up report cards for that reason once...didn't read the fine print, I guess.

My stupid school system grumble this week is like we parents were supposed to know about the extra 7AM band rehearsal that was scheduled the Monday after a 4 day weekend when nothing was sent home nor put on the web site. It's so like junior high boys to remember things like that...now my kiddo is fretting he'll get the boot since it's his second miss.

Grumble #2 is for the jazz band shirt I just forked over $24 for that will only be worn about 8 times. The money was bad enough but to add insult to injury the old shirts with bow ties looked a lot better than this dorky looking long sleeved polo shirt. When's the last time anyone has seen a 14 year old boy voluntarily wear a solid colored long sleeved polo shirt?

Kathy813

Staff member
My school system doesn't send out reminders either. It is on the school system's calendar that is given to each student at the start of the school year and is always available online.

Maybe it would help to keep a copy of the school calendar on the fridge.

~Kathy

I have my calendar on the fridge for that reason alone. Right next to the lunch calendar. My life is a series of calendars.

SRL, when I was in jazz band (a million years ago), we wore Hawaiian shirts.

Because it was so cool in 1986. :rolleyes:

Star*

call 911........call 911
I forgot early dismissal once - they had to keep difficult child for 2 hours.

I guarantee you I got a call every night before from then on from the principal - she had to "watch" difficult child until I could be contacted.

Sometimes it just pays to not know things.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kathy813</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My school system doesn't send out reminders either. It is on the school system's calendar that is given to each student at the start of the school year and is always available online.

Maybe it would help to keep a copy of the school calendar on the fridge.

~Kathy</div></div> they never sent one home until today and we even got a free very cool agenda that i can make notes in since his teacher doesn't require it for class and get this the only place on all of those papers that said it was actually early release was in the agenda that you are suppose to pay for

Kathy813

Staff member
Does the school district have a website where it posts the school calendar? Mine has calendars posted for the next two school years.

~Kathy

F

flutterbee

I forget early release. It's only 4 times a year. Unless it happens on a regular basis, as in daily, no way I'm gonna remember. However, my children don't forget. Not ever. They make sure to let me know.

My son has late start every Wednesday and I forget that. He was so mad at me yesterday for waking him up early. Thank God someone around here has a functioning brain.

:rofl:

by the way, our SD posts it on the home page of their website when early release is coming up.

SRL

My experience has been you can't count on kids to get stuff to you even when the school does come through. Once when my oldest was in first grade a parent asked me the date of the winter concert and I said "What winter concert? They didn't have one last year, did they?" She affirmed that they had which left me scratching my head because my easy child had been enrolled in that school during the previous year.

Me: easy child, did you have a music concert last year in kindergarten?
Him: Yup.
Me: Why didn't I know about it?
Him: Because I hid the paper (proceeds to his closet where he easily locates the announcement and hands it to me)
Me: Why didn't you give me the paper?
Him: Because I didn't want to sing.
:hammer:

There must have been some other "I didn't want to sing" kids through the years because I just got the "concert is worth 100 performance points" paper this past week.

F

flutterbee

:rofl: SRL I can see that happening here.

Early release, however, is a different story entirely. They never forget that one. :wink:

K

Kjs

I forgot. Only school doesn't keep him. He leaves and I can't FIND him. He usually tries to call from his phone, or a friends. Then he just goes to a friends house.

SO...what I do is..go to the school website, print off the school calendar and go through it(several times) and Mark each early release and no school day on the regular calendar, AND in my planner. That way when I need to make an appointment I see if there is school or not. I check the monthly calendar often and it is in clear site.

Don't know how I would function without my planner though.