stupid things we've done.

Please help me feel better, I just found my PHONE soaking with my dirty dishes!!! Apparently, I wasn't thinking clearly when I hung up. Oh, and I couldn't begin to tell you how many times I tried to call someone on my tv remote and thought the "phone" was broken!

DammitJanet

I sure hope that is the HOUSE phone and not a CELL phone! Cell phones are allergic to water...lol.

I have tried to answer my remote before though. And we have this really annoying commercial for some phone company that uses a ringing phone as its background sound. It sounds just like the ringtone I used to have on my old phone and so everytime I hear it, I jump to answer the phone! I havent had this phone long enough to stop jumping.

witzend

But there's that new gadget for drying out electronics. It's called Bheestie Bags. Or, you can just get together a whole mess of those silica packets from pill bottles and purses and put them in a zip lock baggie with your phone. Probably the Bheestie Baggie is more efficient...

This isn't something that I 'did" per se, but what I believed when I heard it......

My hubby was joking with me years ago and said that there are two types of zebra's - - - black with white stripes and white with black stripes. And I'm like "wow really"?? It took me about 15 seconds to "get it"....I wasn't even drinking or anything.

What a bonehead I was.....I guess I hate those dimwit moments.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
I've washed countless items in the wash that should not have been, such as checks, credit cards, cells phones, house phones. I've answered the remote, tried to dial the remote, all those things; I've put flour and sugar in the freezer and meat in the pantry.

I once threw out a deposit ticket for work valued at over $130,000!! I had to dig through the garbage by the curb on pick up day to find it. Thank God, H found it. I once dropped a dictation tape, both sides, down a sewar drain that my boss left in my car on his way to the airport to catch a flight to London - oh yeah, that went over big. He had to re-dictate the entire thing over again and over night it to me in the office. He was not happy.

And countless other stupid things. You are not alone!!

Wiped Out

Staff member
Well there was the time I was boiling water to make ice tea and forgot about it until the water was completely gone from the pan-at least no fire! Oh yeah there are many more that if I think a bit they will pop into my mind! You are so not alone!

donna723

I've put the dogs' huge water bowl in the bathroom sink to fill up - not a lot of water pressure so it takes a minute or two. Then I wandered off to do something else. I remembered it about two hours and hundreds of gallons of water later.

And I was working on the computer and was getting really upset because for some reason the mouse wasn't working any more. Then I looked down and saw that instead of the mouse, I had been shoving a pack of Kool Filter Kings around on the mouse pad! I was soooo glad that nobody else was here to see that! And just a few days ago I couldn't find my cigarettes and lighter (yes, I KNOW I should quit!) and went through the whole house looking for them - nothing! I ended up making a special trip to the store to buy a new lighter because that was the only one I had. That night I went to get in the shower, pulled the shower curtain back, and there was my cigarettes and lighter on the edge of the bathtub, between the cloth shower curtain and the plastic liner. How the H*** they got there, I will never know!

muttmeister

I do so many things like that I can't even make a list because it has become commonplace. I do wonder what it is with phones and remote controls. I haven't ever tried to answer my remote, but several times I thought it was broken and figured out I was trying to change the channel using the phone. Doh!

donna723

Does getting in to the shower with your glasses on count as 'stupid' ... or is that one of those "senior moments"?

Star*

call 911........call 911
This is a TRICK post right? You're really asking ME if I've done stupid things?? Are you bored and looking for a good laugh???? :anxious: This is more like confession for me you know. Forgive me CD friends for I've had the dumb.

(tapping finger to chin...where to begin)

There was the time that I made a cake, with the mixer still plugged in, licked the beaters, accidentally hit the on button and tore my tongue up.

There was the time I was too poor to afford insoles, got bubble wrap from the office supply cabinet, traced my foot, cut out the pattern, cut out the bubble wrap and stuck it in my shoes. -I was so proud of my idea, until I stood up and walked across the office. The girl in the next cubicle laughed so hard she nearly passed out. Next day on my desk were Dr. Shoals insoles for women.

There was that time I had a water bed, and needed to drain it - and they handed me a 100' garden hose and said - you put one end in the bed and then run this end out your window and inhale and water will come out this end. No one told me to cut the hose just outside the window. I inhaled for nearly an hour and 1/2 - but by golly I got the thing drained. Got a nice hose when I moved too.

Asked the butcher for a "hog leg" (jowl) - he thought I was asking for dope. To put in my first batch of southern green beans.

Taped myself 'up' with Duct tape in the Summer thinking it was better than going without a bra. Yeah - no loss of skin there.

Actually tried a garbage bag & Dawn dish detergent home-made slip and slide on natural grass with Dude & the neighbor kids, hit a tree root and lived to tell about it - age 34.

Mistook the urine remover spray bottle for hair spray. Yeah you only make that mistake once in high school.

Just stop me anytime......

klmno

Taped myself 'up' with Duct tape in the Summer thinking it was better than going without a bra. Yeah - no loss of skin there.

Your're supposed to use bandaids, Star, for the ...uhmmm. "finer points"!! Not tape EVERYTHING!! LOL!

klmno

I'm not listing all mine because the board can only handle so much info at one time and I don't want to burn it up.

Abbey

Spork Queen
I'm not listing all mine because the board can only handle so much info at one time and I don't want to burn it up.

haha...me, too.

I just had one the other day when I tried to walkie in that a department was finished. Unfortunately for me, I grabbed my box cutter and opened it up and started talking to the dismay of my tongue. Nice cut on my tongue and lip. My team members were just cracking up. I feign ignorance as it was 3am. (And they put ME in charge???)

Abbey

susiequte

Love this thread!!!

Hmmm...put clothes in the washer and forget to close the lid, put milk in the cupboard and cereal in the fridge, leave purse/camera/soda on top of the car and drive away. I once gave a co-worker a ride to work.............when it was time to go home, I left....without her! Left my ID at the bank for weeks and weeks until I finally figured out where I left it....(you'd think they would have called me, but alas...)

Just last week I got $20 cash back after purchasing some groceries. I can't find the $20 or the receipt. I problem put it in my pocket and it fell out when I was getting car keys or something.

hearts and roses

Mind Reader
Put the Easter eggs on to boil, started cleaning and forgot all about them - until what sounded like gunfire reverberated throughout the house and scared everyone out of bed!! That was funny - and smelly.

And yeah, I've gotten into the shower with not only my glasses on, but with my clothes too for some reason. I don't even get that.

I've poured coffee into the sugar bowl too....I guess I should really stop right now, because I feel so stupid! Hahaha

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
Christmas Day... Cooked breakfast... Jett and Onyxx were with BM so it was just me, husband and my parents.

Took all the food to the table, walked over to the stove (it's a ceramic top), placed my index finger on the burner to find out if it was hot.

I don't think my parents have EVER heard me cuss like that.

And I didn't have a fingerprint for weeks.

BusynMember

This is embarassing but true and I'm not sure anyone else has done this.

I have an older car, but a lot of people have the same car. A few times (not just once) I have walked out of a busy store and gotten into my car, turned the key, and when the engine didn't go on, I finally realized I had gotten into the wrong car. A lot of people never lock the car doors in our small town :sick:

I collect a lot of money in the washing machine and dryer as daughter does her own laundry and often forgets to empty her pockets.

This is a teenager special: I did this at fifteen and still remember. After stumbling down the stairs to the bathroom to get ready for school, I put my father's Bryl Cream on my toothbrush by accident. Ewwwwwwwwww did it taste terrible!!!!!

DaisyFace

Love me...Love me not
Hmmm--

Let's see, I once needed to staple something together, but I only had the "industrial style stapler" and not the paper kind that would automatically fold in the ends of the staple. For whatever reason, I figured if I put my THUMB on the bottom of the sheets when I stapled, I could get the staple to fold under and hold it together....ummm NOOOOTTTTT!!!! OW! OW! OW! OW! OW! OW! OW!

There are more...

Like the time I suffered a severe burn on a Pop-Tart (I am not making this up!)

Nearly cut off the end of my finger while slicing carrots...

And by using a harsh chemical, I did manage to properly strip the old stain of the kitchen cabinets--and discovered that I'd also simultaneously been "melting" the linoleum floor.

Tha's enough for me....

--DaisyFace