Success Story/Angela's College Update

Sue C

Angela got a 3.4 her second semester of her sophomore year at college. She had had a 3.6 her first semester. Can you believe she was disappointed with the 3.4?? She said it was hard to study more with taking 17 credits AND working 25 hours/week. Wowzers! She is doing so well!

And I'm proud to announce that she won the alumni scholarship from her high school. It's only for $325, but heck every little bit helps when your yearly tuition costs $15,000+/year!

Thanks for letting me share Angela's good news here. I know that many of you enjoy hearing success stories. (For newbies, Angela is now 23 and married and yes, she was a difficult child and using drugs while at home! Never give up hope!)

Sue

joybells

Oh Sue, Angela sure has come a long way since we first met. I am sooooo Happy for you and her. Please know you are all in our Prayers.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Joy /importthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /importthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blondie

Dearest Sue; I am bouncing up and down with :laugh: :laugh: !! lol

Too cool.

It is so great when our kids -- difficult children in particular! -- can find some outside source of motivation and actually *internalize* it! Whoooodathunk Angela back when she was about 17/18, would *ever* give one sincere rip about her grades??

I love it.

Many hugs,

Blondie

kris

that's terrific news, sue. you must be busting your buttons which is certainly better than sitting under the dining table & chewing on chair leg lol.

she's come a long way, baby!!!

~~~kris

Ephchap

:laugh: Sue - What wonderful news! :laugh: Yes, she's certainly come a long way - and 17 credit hours at college while working 25 hours/week is no easy task, I know. Kudos to her - and to you for helping her along the way till she found herself.

Hugs,
Deb

Sheila

Super news! :laugh:

She is doing extraordinarily well. 17 hours and working is more than a load for anybody. Wow!

Love these positive threads!

Pam

Sue,

So nice to hear she is doing so well! I am very happy for you too! It must feel good to have good things happen! /importthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Pam

Kat

That is great news! Thanks for sharing it with us! I love hearing the success stories. It helps keep all of us hoping!

Congrats to all of you!

Kat

DeeRW

It's amazing to think this is the same young woman for whom you had all but given up hope. She has turned herself around so much! I know you're proud of her (deservedly so). When you next talk to her, tell we're all proud of her, too. This girl rocks!!!!