Success Story/*Miracles do happen. difficult child is a GRADUATE!*

Suz

(the future) MRS. GERE
Trying to unwind. It has been a long, emotional week. Heck........it's been a long, emotional decade! :wink:

I am the proud mother of a high school graduate, gang. :laugh: I didn't dare post about it...didn't dare even say it out loud (much). I had all kinds of anxiety dreams- you would not believe how vivid my imagination can be. I guess it comes with living with my difficult child all this time. lol.

He did it. Not only did he do it, but he made us proud. All I could think of this week was Fran's difficult child giving her the thumbs up when my difficult child would be more apt to :eek: moon :eek: us or :eek: give us the finger :eek: ..............I AM NOT KIDDING!

Instead, we had an appropriately excited young man who behaved himself and made us proud. No moon, no finger, a silly expression but *HEY* I loved it and laughed louder than anyone.

I haven't had a decent night's sleep in years. I hope this increases my odds.

To everyone who has listened to our story (ies) and held me up during the really dark days, thank you from the bottom of my heart. To those who haven't had to listen to our story (lucky you!), thanks for reading this.

To everyone....take heart. Miracles really do happen.

Love to you all.

Happy Mom Suz

joybells

Hi Suz and so Glad your son has Made You Very Proud and Graduated. /importthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /importthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif . Now you will be able to sleep. HAPPY DAYS you did good Mom also.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Special Hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}
Joy & C.W.

T's Mom

Hi Suz,

Just wanted to congratulate you on your son's graduation. What a joy for all of you. Wishing you many, many more successess to follow.

Joan

17 yo adopted difficult child; BiPolar (BP); ODD
16 yo adopted easy child; adhd

Kat19136

Awwwwww!! Congratulations!!

For both of you because it was hard work I am sure on your part that got him there just as it was his!! Way to go Mom! Way to go difficult child!!

So good to be reading about the grad's this week...give me hope!

I bet you have the good nights sleep now!

Kathy

Fran

Former desparate mom
Way to go,Suz's difficult child!!! I love that he made you laugh with his goofy grin. There is still a big soft spot for him. Love was always there, hope now he can start to mend his fences. (glad he didn't moon you)

You survived and kept him from totally self destructing. He is safe,jail free, drug free,h.s. grad. What more can a mother ask especially a mom of a difficult child.

Congratulations to you both. He has come a long way from a year or 2 ago.

shad11_8

Congrats to your difficult child Suz. I know having barely made it through high school with an average IQ and no "no fault disorders" (just an ignorance of the importance of education)has sure made me appreciate the work it must take these kids to get there...Here's a great big pat on the back for him. Sonja

T

TrishQ

I was waiting with great anticipation for your post - fingers were crossed that he would graduate and you could find some relief. On to the next step....

Congratulations!!!

Hugs,
Trish

Elise

Congratulations Graduate!

So happy to hear your wonderful news. May you sleep like a puppy now, Suz. What are difficult child's plans after graduation?

Elise

kris

you must be walking on clouds, girl!!! and well you should be. such wonderful news...goofy grin & all. i am, however, heaving a sigh of relief that there was no finger & no mooning....OMG, what a visual :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!

~~~kris

Nancy

Congratulations, that is quite an accomplishment. I know how worried you have been and what you have all gone through to see this day. I am glad for your miracle.

Nancy

mystery

in the light of the silvery moon-- oh wait wait!!!!! halleluja!!!!!!!!!!wahoooo!! yiipppeeee-- and 17 other really cool way to go words - congrats n hugzzz carol

isabel

Congratulations to your difficult child! I know it's been hard for you this last year. He did it!! I hope you are sleeping in this morning, hugs, Isabel

slsh

member since 1999
Yeah Rob!!! I wondered why you were so silent about the upcoming event... rolf about the thought of him mooning you!

You and husband have done a great job, Suz. It was ugly at times, frustrating, but you got him thru it.

Dare I ask... what's next? How long will he stay at gh?

Here's wishing you many peaceful nights in the near future (hey, we can dream, can't we?). I'm so happy for your family!!!!

Lizanne

Hey Suz,

Since miracle really do happen than you are the miracle worker.

Glad for the accomplishment and the goofy grin.

Sleep well.

Lizanne

Did-I

Worn out warrior
WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

There!! I was rowdie where Rob wasn't :wink:

You know I couldn't be more happy for you and more proud of Rob. Way to go, guy!!!

Congrats to you and husband on your hard work and efforts through the years.

Brighter days are ahead, my friend.

HUGS

Ephchap

CONGRATULATIONS !

Very proud auntie here!!!
I am so very happy that this day arrived. Knowing what it took to get to this wonderful event - makes the success all the sweeter.

Hugs to the grad and his proud momma!!!
Deb

Sheila

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy for you and your family! And thrilled the "moon" didn't shine!