Success

As many of you know, I have done the Feingold diet and EEG biofeedback with my two sons who had severe ADD (older son) and ADHD (younger son). I tried this stuff after they developed serious side effects on stimulants. Well, both sons have shown tremendous improvements. In fact, I have thought that my younger son is now "normal" off medications. Well, recently I had my older son evaluated for the FASTForward program because his reading ability is still not where I think it should be. So, I decided that while I was at it I would have a complete evaluation done on the younger son as well. They did attentional tests, cognitive tests and academic tests. Today, I sat down with the therapist to discuss the results. Well, he's a really smart kid, but that is not the best part. The evaluator rated his attention and freedom from distractibility in the highly superior range. Furthermore, he said that in essence there was is no longer any trace of ADHD. Today, I know I have been blessed!!

Bookmom--that is fantastic!!! I can just imagine how happy you feel today!

I do think you should put this on the General board as well-- the biofeedback (and to a lesser extent, diet) have helped us so much, too. Not to the point of being normal, yet--but so much improvement. I really wish more people would give it a try.

Congratulations!!!!!!

------------------
Susan
10 year old boy with Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD), no medications, treating with therapy and neurofeedback

Susan, thank you. I thought about posting it on the General Forum because I really want people to know what worked for us. But then I became concerned that some of the others on the Forum might feel that I was boasting, and maybe they would find the post annoying. So, the post ended up here.

moonglow

Oh no bookmom...I posted about my success with Nate with his allergy treatment, diet and senory intrgration therapy...I was afraid people might feel bad because they haven't found the help for their kids yet...but instead I got alot of positive feedback...it gives people HOPE!!!

Wow! That's great!!!

By the way I agree with Moonglow that people want to hear what's working, too, because it gives them hope, & for some, even possibly a direction to try out.

Thanks for sharing your good news!

That is great news!!!
FINALLY good news for a change!!!
Im gald to hear it works. All that hard work paid off!

------------------
7 yr old girl Bipolar/ADD/ODD
Currently on a new natural treatment (wish me luck)
off ALL medications!!
Fav. Funny quote- "Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll
probably still be a dog. <Sigh!> There's so little hope for advancement."
- Snoopy

"With out God, my life would fall apart"

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I'm so happy for you! And, I'm happy for me, because although I checked in to biofeedback 2 years ago, I didn't do it because I didn't 'know' anyone whose child had success with it & I didn't want to spend the money if it might not work (ours isn't covered by insurance).

Anyway, I want to thank you & Susan & the others on this board for helping me & listening to my venting & desperation & giving such good advice! You & Susan are the reason I went ahead with biofeedback & we are only on about 20 sessions, so far. I think (like everything else for my difficult child) it will take many, many sessions as he is so difficult to treat in every area.

I think his birthmother was extremely stressed while he was in the womb. Anyway, he has many problems, that we are uncovering one at a time.

Thanks to everyone, especially those who post on the N.T. board for your unselfish guidance & suggestions on all the treatments you have tried & are trying.

NS, Cheryl, Lisa, Bookmom, dogchopper, Sherry, Ozgirl, Moonglow Kymom,.... who am I leaving out? I'm drawing a blank right now, but thank you so much. You are helping others, even if you don't realize it.

Straw
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by strawberryisland (edited 12 July 2000).]

Bookmom,
Moonglow is right. Hearing the successes gives people hope. I was just beginning to find out some of my son's problems when Moonglow posted about her son's allergies. I had just made an appointment to have my son tested. Her post gave me hope. Now, I am finding out my son does have allergies, but it will be a long road for us. It is nice to hear that there really is an end, a happy end. Thanks and congrats!

I decided that instead of always just archiving the info on how to get help, I'd archive this. GOOD NEWS!!! so people can see it actually DOES work!!!
biggrin.gif

------------------
7 yr old girl Bipolar/ADD/ODD
Currently on a new natural treatment (wish me luck)
off ALL medications!!
Fav. Funny quote- "Yesterday I was a dog. Today I'm a dog. Tomorrow I'll
probably still be a dog. <Sigh!> There's so little hope for advancement."
- Snoopy

"With out God, my life would fall apart"