Summer Reading...Suggestions???

AnnieO

Shooting from the Hip
...If you like the scifi stuff, Piers Anthony's series about Xanth is great. It's full of really pad puns, but that makes it great...

Marg's Man

Not so much a recommendation as a ???

I've just finished reading The Murder of King Tut by thriller author James Patterson. It claims to be a researched book discussing the death of King Tutankhamun at a very young age. It examines the theory that he was murdered and, if so, who had a motive and means. It draws a final conclusion at the end of the book. It has a choppy style as the story line switches in time from the present, to the time of Howard Carter and the time Tut lived.

As a serious book it's a failure, as an entertaining read it's not bad hence my ??? recommendation.

Marg's Man

muttmeister

One of the hot new books for summer seems to be The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson. It is the first of a trilogy. I just finished it - it was great. The title character, who helps solve the mystery through her computer skills (that doesn't begin to describe her part in the book) is an interesting character; they never say so in so many words but she probably has mild autism or aspergers or something like that. I think a lot of us here might find her an interesting character.