Summer vacations

Pink Elephant

Sadly, we've never been out of the country. No vacations whatsoever.

My dream, which will probably never come true, but I still dream about it, is visiting Italy one day, and maybe Germany, and if luck was exceptionally good to me, England.

ksm

Yellowstone

Grand Canyon

Rothenburg ob der Tauber, Germany

Cinque Terra, Italy

Córdoba, Spain

(We have had 13 exchange students... Our last trip to Europe was almost 20 years ago, but we plan to go back this summer.

But, we won't be back to those countries. Our Spanish student is in Vienna, Austria. Our Russian student is in Copenhagen, Denmark, our Danish student is in Stockholm, Sweden. We will also see our student in The Netherlands, and spend our anniversary by ourselves in Budapest.

This is our bucket list trip. We haven't had a vacation for the two of us in 14 years, since we adopted our granddaughters.

Ksm

KTMom91

San Francisco, Seattle, Portland...all beautiful cities. I love San Francisco.

I would like to go back to St. Augustine, NOT during hurricane season, and actually see the city. We were there about fifteen years ago, climbed the lighthouse, got into town, and Hurricane Alberto totally rained on my parade. We had to wade back to the car, and almost didn't get out of Tampa the next day. I was beyond annoyed.

Lil

The northern redwoods.
The Rockies.
Mt. Shasta (I was born there so I'm partial).
The Pacific Northwest in general.

BusynMember

I have not seen the world yet and will probably not go outside of the Americas. I am fine with not traveling abroad....I was Mom and that satisfied me.

But I am excited about traveling.

The places I can't wait to see:

Sedona, Arizona, spiritual capital of America!!!

The south of Texas!!

The California coast

Utah and Best Friends Dog Rescue which took in many Vick dogs. I hear Utah is gorgeous.

Wyoming...always wanted to see it
Alaska where my dear brother in law and sis in law will eventually move to

I will be able to tell what I actually enjoyed in 2019!

toughlovin

I have travelled a lot! I love to travel. Best vacation I think is a safari in Africa. Also loved iceland, Norway....and a cruise on the Amazon. Alaska is beautiful as is Hawaii. I think the most beautiful part of continental US is the Northwest, Oregon and Washington. New England is beautiful in the fall. Many wonderful places to go!

Nomad

Staff member
Alaska (can’t recall which port...looking at Glaciers!)
Venice
San Francisco
Santorini

GoingNorth

Crazy Cat Lady
What is the most beautiful place you have ever visited.?

Both in Germany, the Giessenerstadtforst, a first growth beechwood in the foothills of the Rhoenring in Sudhessen. Looked like how I imagine Lothlorien (JRR Tolkein, one of the Elven lands) would look. A shimmering golden cathedral of leaves in Autumn.

The other Wasserkueppe, and the surrounding mountains near Wildflecken, Bavaria. First couple of times I went hiking there, I got very dizzy and disoriented because no matter where I looked, there was NO level ground to be seen. (Altitude didn't help, either...when you go from 600 ft above sea level to 5000 feet above sea level, you notice the difference.)

I've been to most of Allied Europe (I was in Germany during the cold war and for about 2.5 yrs after the Wall came down), and I saw many beautiful and inspiring places, but Those two places are ones I hold in my heart