Sunday sports wrap up

Well only the ones that I want to talk about.

Everyone else chime in with the sports story you feel needs some coverage.

Sorry, Cleveland. Very, very very sorry. I would have really liked to see you in the series.

Go, Rockies!

And, who watched my Bears today? Anyone? Well did you watch the game all the way to the end? Hmmm? Brian Griese went from the 3 yard line, 97 yards, to score a touchdown, in the last minute & 56 seconds of the game, with no time outs. This was to win the game.

:fan: <span style='font-size: 12'><span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style="color: #000099">Go </span><span style="color: #FF6600">Chicago </span><span style="color: #000099">Bears!</span></span></span>

(hmm, we can't make our font any larger than this anymore...)

susiestar

Roll With It
My Okla State Cowboys played football yesterday. It was homecoming.

WE WON!!! husband is a supervisor at the games, said it was truly amazing, we pulled it out in the last minute (as in 60 seconds!!!) of the game.

The players jumped up into the stands to hug fans right after the win!!! That is an amazing jump to my poor body.

Susie

Nancy

So so sad the Indians imploded. We had it wrapped up but our two best pitchers just couldn't make it happen and I knew going into the seventh game was a huge mistake. Third base coach made a huge error in holding Kenny Lofton up at third base with tying run able to score and go ahead run on base with only one out. I'm sure that move will haunt him for a long long time and may end his career.

I had tickets to the 7th game of the World Series but guess I won't be needing those.

Go Rockies!!!

Browns had a bye week, couldn't handle two disappointments in one day.

Nancy

ck1

Ugh!! Steelers lost on the road again...with all their good guys back. What a bummer

:thumbsdown:

DammitJanet

I missed all the games yesterday due to traveling. I did catch the end of the Nascar race and the score of the Indians/Red Sox game.

I was bummed over the outcome in the race...my guys didnt win...lol. Oh well. I hate Jeff Gordon and he is still in the lead in the points race!

I am happy that the Red Sox are in the series again. My parents are from right outside of Boston and I still have a ton of family there. I will watch the series. They love the red sox. Carl Yastrzemski used to live on the same road as the one my mom grew up on...lol. It was a small town.

Star*

call 911........call 911
OSU is #1.....OSU is #1.....red and grey all the way

gOOOOOOOOOOOO oHIO!!!! NANCY?

I was looking forward to going to the world series (in theory) with you!

COME ON DAWG POUND!!!!!! GOOOOOO BUCKEYES.

We still have a chance. And I STILL LOVE CLEVELAND~!!!

saving grace

DJ I am probably neighbors to some of your relatives, I live right outside of Boston myself.

GO REDSOX!!

They really pulled it together at the end of this series, I think the better team prevailed

Grace

smallworld

Janet and Grace, my father went to medication school in Boston and used to sneak out of class to sit in the bleachers and watch the Red Sox play some 50-plus years ago. My parents met in Boston, and I was born there. husband and I both grew up in the part of Connecticut where half are Yankees fans and half are Red Sox fans, but both our families always rooted for the Red Sox. Even though difficult child 1 was born in Washington, Difficult Child, and has lived in this area his entire life, he has always been a die-hard Red Sox fan. He was ecstactic last night!

Nancy

Thanks LR. This was probably the best chance we had in making it to the World Series for many years. I doubt whether we will get a championship in my lifetime.

No excuses but Lofton was safe at second on that call when Manny got the ball off the wall and threw to second base. The replay showed that. That play and holding Lofton up on third base in the seventh probably cost us the game. Poor Lofton, both bad calls involved him and this was his last chance to make it to the World Series. We use to have Manny and he is great but I don't like his attitude, and for someone who use to play for us and who got nothing but support from our fans he really is not very nice.

Boston has some great pitchers but once again they pay them millions. We are so far below that payscale that it's hard to compete with those teams that can buy a championship.

Oh well, there's always next year. First we have the draft, then spring training, then the season........

Let's go OSU and Browns and Cavs....if I can ever forgive LaBron for wearing a Yankees cap.

Nancy

Wiped Out

Staff member
Yeah Michigan won this weekend!!!!! The Packers had a week off!

BBK-As you know I'm know Bear fan but at least it was a former Michigan QB that led you to victory!

LR-Ohio State-oh no-being a major Wolverine fan it pains me to hear anyone cheer for the Buckeyes. I'm really hoping it will be the Wolverines that will break their win streak this year! :fan: